Author Topic: Reply All button  (Read 11358 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Reply All button
« Reply #30: January 27, 2016, 02:23:52 AM »
Utter dog!@#$, I've already tried that and failed several times.

Well, I've tried it and succeeded spectacularly.

So maybe it's not the method that's the problem?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 27, 2016, 03:41:24 AM »
Utter dog!@#$, I've already tried that and failed several times.
This is really just another case of "I couldn't do it, therefore it can't be done." Which is so wrong it's actually kinda humorous. Many realms and alliances have been able to do it very effectively. Maybe the people you were working with just didn't care enough about it. Or maybe you're just not good at building guilds. Not everyone can be good at everything. Pass the job off to someone who wants to do it, and is actually good at it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 27, 2016, 10:31:59 AM »
No one has ever told you that the way you are describing is the way you need to do it. In fact we are explicitly telling you to NOT do it that way. You may, of course, continue to do it that way, if that's what floats your boat.

Alternatively, you could try the way we're recommending: Create yourself a military coordination guild. If you think that creating the guild is too difficult and time consuming, then ask one of your fellow players to do it. Throw it out to the realm, and to your allies. "Hey, this would be a good idea. Would someone like to do it?" I imagine you'll have a few volunteers. Players like to participate in things, and feel like they're contributing. If you can get the lord of the capital to do it, then your players won't even have to take a side trip to do it. You'll have greater participation from other players, redundancy in your command structure, ease of communication, and a better game experience from everyone involved.

If you choose to continue trying to play the way you describe, against the advice of everyone, then I'm afraid there's not much we can do for you. You'll just have to deal with the problems you're creating for yourself.

This is another case of the "let me quote the theory to you" you are somewhat infamous for, like your years of "have  a rebellion" when 90% of every realm was barely active & didn't care or respond.

If you won't read the use cases we are describing, and recognize we have already explained why your answers are dead on arrival, then the hell with wasting more time on this discussion.

I simply won't respond in those cases, and let the game be poorer for it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:44:57 AM by Noone you know »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 28, 2016, 05:01:19 AM »
I read your "use cases". All they say is that you insist on doing the things we are telling you to NOT do. If you insist on doing the things we are telling you to NOT do, then you can only blame yourself for the hassle and frustration it causes.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 28, 2016, 05:36:28 AM »
I read your "use cases". All they say is that you insist on doing the things we are telling you to NOT do. If you insist on doing the things we are telling you to NOT do, then you can only blame yourself for the hassle and frustration it causes.

If that were a proper argument, then some of the changes made to this game would never have happened, for the worse.