Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 10190 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Wii U
« Reply #15: June 12, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »
It might also be the approach. 360 and PS3 far outstrip what the Wii could ever accomplish in terms of hardware (graphics, speed, to name two). Now with Kinect and Move, the whole motion-sensor control thing is not really a Wii novelty anymore. Nintendo seems to have spread out to the casual fans whereas the 360 and PS3 are sticking mainly to the hardcore base. Still, I must say that the recent games for the 360 and PS3 feel like reiterations of base popular games with little innovation, a different title, and some different graphics.

I think real reviewers would know better, but from my own experiences with games these past 4 years, games feel like some alternate version of Call of Duty, Halo, or Gears of War, for shooters. God of War, Devil May Cry, for action "going ape!@#$" games (come to think of it I can't really think of any action games for the 360 or PS3 that don't resemble GoW or DMC). There's also the parkour fighting action games that all have similar parkour mechanics with minor variations on how high they jump, how much damage they take when falling, and how they look like while climbing and stuff (AC, Uncharted, Prototype, The Saboteur, Infamous). Well, there is Mass Effect an Dragon Age, with the wide array hybrid RPG stuff.

I'm also drawing a blank with puzzle games. There was Portal 2, right?