Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 10189 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Wii U
« Reply #15: June 25, 2011, 11:42:15 AM »
I disagree. What % of available software is console-compatible? I heard you can hack an OS onto a console, but then you lose your warranty. And since they seem to fail to easily nowadays, that's a pretty bad thing.
My Xbox 360 lasted from 2006 (when they were released) until December or so last year.  That's a better track record than most PCs I've had!

You *need* word-processing, in most cases. I would hate to use Microsoft Office on a console. Why double up your hardware to have one system to do the technical stuff, and then another to play games and do misc. stuff? By your argument, nobody needs consoles because iPhones can do everything they do. With the convenience of being portable and of being phones while they are at it, too.
Technically I don't NEED a PC.  I prefer it for certain games and for certain chat protocols.  However, as phones do become more and more accessible for that sort of thing, the PC will be less useful.  Especially as MMOs are slowly being released on consoles!  My phone can create Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents, so yes, you are right on that part.  As for phones replacing consoles...  It's possible one day, actually.  That won't be for a long time, however, as they aren't nearly powerful enough and battery life doesn't last nearly long enough.  If they managed to do that?  PCs and Consoles would be gone.  Provided they can also plug up to the TV for larger screens!