Author Topic: how sensitive are peasants to looting?  (Read 1319 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
how sensitive are peasants to looting?
« Topic Start: December 30, 2015, 07:32:18 PM »
Just looted a region once for gold using normal settings for 8 hours, spawned a horde of peasants. This was a rural region. How are we supposed to have a looting campaign if any looting we do leads to an immediate horde of peasants. This encourages takeovers, which encourages larger realms.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: how sensitive are peasants to looting?
« Reply #1: December 30, 2015, 07:43:59 PM »
Various factors. Off the top of my head probably...
Chance. Region population. Unit size. Total army strength in region. Recent looting. Lax/neutral/strict looting. What you loot for. Regional sympathies to your realm.

The biggest thing is proportion of your realm's troops to the regional population, probably followed by Chance.

EDIT:
My strategy with looting when I was Thalmarkin general was in carefully focusing on low pop regions to devastate or conducting more mobile looting where you loot for some hours, then set travel to next region, gather, repeat on way to next region. Those peasants fighting you are now no longer working in the fields to produce food or gold for their lord.

Also, when fighting peasants, pull your forces back and focus on ranged strength. Advanced marshal formations that may be useful are the Delay and Wound, Shall Not Pass, or Strategic Withdrawal.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:48:42 PM by Vita »