Author Topic: TO preventing food sale  (Read 1965 times)

Zakilevo

TO preventing food sale
« Topic Start: January 29, 2016, 11:31:59 PM »
Title: TO preventing food sale
Summary: I'd like to see features such as being able to put food on the market disabled during a TO. It makes little sense to be able to put your food on the market when enemies should be guarding everything you own in your region.

I can see this working in two ways.

Either if your region is being taken over, you lose the ability to access the market place or a simple error message saying you cannot buy or sell due to your region being under a TO when you try to buy or sell food.

Benefits: TO has more impact.
Possible Downsides or Exploits: Can run multiple TOs to stop several regions from selling or buying food.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: TO preventing food sale
« Reply #1: January 29, 2016, 11:40:43 PM »
Makes sense. To do it right you'd have to make it a chance to block sales. Maybe based on the number of men in the TO. If there only 10 men running aTO, you're not blocking anything.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: January 29, 2016, 11:54:41 PM »
Makes sense. To do it right you'd have to make it a chance to block sales. Maybe based on the number of men in the TO. If there only 10 men running aTO, you're not blocking anything.

Shouldn't there be some kind of consequences of being caught trying to move food?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 30, 2016, 06:08:27 AM »
No need to overcomplicate it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 01, 2016, 04:59:46 PM »
Or block sales when TO is passed a certain %. That's to make sure you don't exploit it by starting TO's everywhere.

And what about sales that were already open? Do they get cancelled, or... Something to think about.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)