Author Topic: Change unit appearance changes  (Read 2662 times)

Zakilevo

Change unit appearance changes
« Topic Start: February 01, 2016, 04:25:31 AM »
Title: Change unit appearance changes
Summary: At the moment changing appearance is randomly available. Also, you have to repeat the same process multiple times to get it lowered to where you want it to be. Here are changes I think is necessary to make this feature more viable.

1. Make it available all the time.
2. Instead of changing it by 10% at a time, just give people a range of options like -50% to +50%
ex)Something like
+50% (100 gold, 5 hours)
+40% (80 gold, 4 hours)
+30% (60 gold, 3 hours)
+20% ()
+10% ()
0% Back to Normal (0 gold, 1 hour)

Benefits: More user friendly and accessible?
Exploits: More people might start to use this option.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Change unit appearance changes
« Reply #1: February 01, 2016, 04:31:04 AM »
It's not randomly available. If you're in your realm, have hours, are not travelling...and are in a region with an open weapon/armour smith, it is available.

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: February 01, 2016, 04:39:45 AM »
It's not randomly available. If you're in your realm, have hours, are not travelling...and are in a region with an open weapon/armour smith, it is available.

Don't know about you but every time I visit a smith, while I can fix equipment damage, I can't change appearance because it lacks raw materials all the time. Why not just have it available all the time? The option is already seldom used anyway.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 01, 2016, 11:35:10 AM »
I literally have never seen this option available on any of my characters. I just logged into my only character that is in a city with a smith, not traveling, has hours... and it is not available, shortage of raw materials.

I don't even know what this feature does... change your unit's appearance and scout reports show them as a different cs, or what?
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 01, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »
I literally have never seen this option available on any of my characters. I just logged into my only character that is in a city with a smith, not traveling, has hours... and it is not available, shortage of raw materials.

I don't even know what this feature does... change your unit's appearance and scout reports show them as a different cs, or what?

I agree that I have never seen it available. Not sure what else needs to be present (well, raw materials obviously, but how).
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 01, 2016, 09:06:19 PM »
Not a very useful option, even when it does work.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: February 01, 2016, 11:55:57 PM »
Not a very useful option, even when it does work.

I agree. Also the fact how it makes you spend more hours and gold fixing your equipment. Too many downsides I feel.