Author Topic: Retention Revisited  (Read 135619 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Retention Revisited
« Reply #210: July 19, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »
Heh, maybe we should instead switch the emigration restriction to Dwilight instead of BT. With the way BT is now, and the likely result that we won't see any future Invasions in the same form as we have thusfar, I see no harm in letting people start directly in blight-ridden BT. On the other hand, I think it would be a slight jolt for people to be forced to have only one character, and be unable to roleplay Sir Deathrider Midnightdawn as a guitar-playing flamenco-dancing ninja detective scientist (I'm pretty sure you can get away with that on AT). Well, at least they'd get yelled at for doing that on Dwilight.

So my thought is that we do the immigration only for Dwilight, and lift BT's restrictions. Or at the very least impose the restriction on Dwilight and leave BT the way it is. But that would mean both testing continents are immigration only, which I don't think is a good idea.

Call me an elitist, but I kinda like that you can't create new characters on BT. Mind you, I kinda hate that it means we get so many less people, too... but that's a lot because of how estates work. The plus side of being less is that it takes less to topple any government. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron