BattleMaster > BM General Discussion

Too large realms (possibility of penalizing bigger realms more?)

<< < (2/17) > >>

Kain:

--- Quote from: Chénier on June 19, 2011, 07:07:04 PM ---I dunno, I feel the size penalties pretty well. I don't think we need them to be stronger.

--- End quote ---

But despite them, these major empires are upheld. Realms like Ibladesh and Sirion are just too large (in a fun to play aspect).

But maybe the penalties is not where the problem lies. Maybe something else that encourages more secessions. Like somehow giving the secessions increased likelihood of surviving.

Chenier:

--- Quote from: Kain on June 19, 2011, 07:09:40 PM ---But despite them, these major empires are upheld. Realms like Ibladesh and Sirion are just too large (in a fun to play aspect).

But maybe the penalties is not where the problem lies. Maybe something else that encourages more secessions. Like somehow giving the secessions increased likelihood of surviving.

--- End quote ---

Player culture. They already have enough incentive to break off, but chose not to. There's a limit to how far we should go to force people to act as we think they should. If they don't want to break away, no amount of penalties will change this.

Fleugs:

--- Quote from: Kain on June 19, 2011, 07:09:40 PM ---But despite them, these major empires are upheld. Realms like Ibladesh and Sirion are just too large (in a fun to play aspect).

--- End quote ---

Lies!  ;)

But the penalties are hard enough, in my opinion. Hence forth players should be encouraged to create smaller realms, for roleplay reasons. Which at some point I am going to do with Ibladesh, but I need to resolve this rather difficult war first. Our enemies aren't friendly... maybe because I told them I would wipe them out on East Continent. 8)

I've been a big fan of ducal independence for several years now, and the devs always tell me that "it's a plan for the future". But I'm tired of waiting. Too bad. Ducal independence would tear empires to shreds in no time.

Chenier:

--- Quote from: Fleugs on June 19, 2011, 07:13:24 PM ---Lies!  ;)

But the penalties are hard enough, in my opinion. Hence forth players should be encouraged to create smaller realms, for roleplay reasons. Which at some point I am going to do with Ibladesh, but I need to resolve this rather difficult war first. Our enemies aren't friendly... maybe because I told them I would wipe them out on East Continent. 8)

I've been a big fan of ducal independence for several years now, and the devs always tell me that "it's a plan for the future". But I'm tired of waiting. Too bad. Ducal independence would tear empires to shreds in no time.

--- End quote ---

Ducal independence? Isn't that, you know, a secession?

Fleugs:

--- Quote from: Chénier on June 19, 2011, 07:25:16 PM ---Ducal independence? Isn't that, you know, a secession?

--- End quote ---

No, it would mean that duchies would still wave the flag of a certain realm, but could engage in interducal wars and diplomacy. I.e. the centralized power is heavily reduced and will be replaced by several dukes with more power, that can (but therefore not should) fight amongst one another over regions or whatnot. It would inject a massive amount of fun into huge empires, I believe. I mean, imagine you would actually be fighting for your /duke/ instead of for your realm. Much more accurate, too. Medieval nobility didn't fight for their kingdom. They fought for their liege. That bond is not enough stressed in Battlemaster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version