Author Topic: monsters and swordfighting  (Read 7082 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: monsters and swordfighting
« Reply #15: June 23, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »
Isn't that because archers focus on a single unit, whereas infantry hits are move divided over the opposing force?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 24, 2011, 12:32:43 AM »
A nobleman doesn't fight. He stands in the back row and "supervises". Occasionally a plucky enemy infantryman makes it to him, and gets put down by nobleman's superior swordsmanship skills. (Even 5% is pretty good odds against a peasant.) Then the nobleman complains that he got peasant blood on his plate-mail.

You allow peasants to take the battlefield? You have dishonoured the fallen. I ensure that only minor nobility make up my units, and will simply not engage peasants upon the field of honour.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #17: June 24, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »
You allow peasants to take the battlefield? You have dishonoured the fallen. I ensure that only minor nobility make up my units, and will simply not engage peasants upon the field of honour.

You've never once commanded archers?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 24, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
You've never once commanded archers?

Archers? Yuck. The dishonorable scoundrels don't even close with the enemy so you can look him in the eye while you run him through. They should all be hanged.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 26, 2011, 06:30:24 AM »
Anecdotally, I'd say yes.  I've seen more Heroes killed by archers, and my characters have gotten wounded more by archers than by melee.  But, that may just be my perception filter at work.

From my experiences, archers wound a lot more often. I believe I've seen more deaths to melee troops than to archers, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #20: June 26, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
I believe that overkill leads to higher chances of wounds. In that case, usually archers are less capable of overkill. It might just be me, but at least that's how it seemed in the battles where I saw heroes die.