Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 129260 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #180: September 01, 2016, 05:09:27 PM »
I was mostly just surprised that discussion stopped so entirely, after it was so lively.

And I'm not sure what you expected. Realms on the frontier of Dwilight are monster-fighting realms. There was a brief period when this was not true, but for the majority of its life, that has been the reality. If you don't like playing in a monster-fighting realm, go to one of the "half-dormant realms in the east" and stir !@#$ up.
Well, the bulk of the discussion, as I understand it, was frontier realms suggesting that monster spawns were perhaps a bit too extreme to handle.
Then you announce that inland realms will have it easier from now on. Once again, good for them, but our grievances were not addressed at all. It's an absolutely tangential and weird fix.
Which brings me to a conclusion that monsters are there not to improve noble density, but to screw specifically frontier realms which are in fact the most healthy ones noble density-wise.
I'm curious to learn your view on the situation.
Because sarcastic replies are very helpful and appreciated. Again, no matter what is done, some will complain, rather than offer constructive criticism.
I think we are all grown up people here and can handle mild sarcasm.
For some reason, when it's me talking, it's complaint. But when it's you who smears your fellow players in dung, it's constructive criticism. Okay.