Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 126703 times)

Ulfang

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #240: November 24, 2016, 12:44:59 AM »
Having read a lot of comments on this thread I do believe that some Dev's and probably some players don't understand how a lot of the player base view this game. Although on the face of it this is a wargame it isn't really. It's partly a wargame but it's also a role playing game. Many players love the rich RP and the history that's been created by player the role of a character. Saying well you just need to move the players of this realm here or there is abhorrent to some players. You're ripping the atmosphere from the game. The very reason some enjoy the game is for that background that it has taken years to create. Background not only for characters but for regions and cities, families etc.

So NO! Forcing a realm to fall. Forcing players out is a backward approach. I've invested too much into my character on Dwilight just to quit but I would move to another continent before being forced to leave my home. Not so for met realm mates. Many have already said they would just quit. I assume the same would happen in other realms such as D'Hara. It does seem that the plan for this continent will lead to its own destruction.

Madinan nobles will fight to the bitter end against the hordes but will not leave their homes for another realm or for the relocation of their realm. Madina isn't in the north or in the midlands. It is in the South and always will be.