Community > Other Games

Browser Based Gaming

<< < (14/15) > >>

Vessol:
I remember having a lot of fun with eRepublik. It was similar to BM, but in a more contemporary setting.

It's too bad they massively updated it. At first I thought the update was great, but then I realized how much all the new complexity made the game take even longer to play daily and the new war system was way too time intensive of 1-2 hours a day. Whereas before I could run a company, be a congressman, and fight in a war every day within 5 minutes. Haven't touched the game since.

Another game I recall playing a long time ago is Renaissance Kingdoms. Very similar to BM, but more on a personal scale rather than macro. Thousands of players take the roles of peasants and craftspeople in individual kingdoms. Think I might try it out again sometime.

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/

Chenier:
I know of a neat browser-based game coming out soon, it's in beta right now.

It's called... Battefield 3!  ;D

Bluelake:
Reanissance Kingdoms was great, but I don't know why, people mixed too much their characters with real life. Real grudges would show up. Also, everything happened in forums, and people would go back months or years to edit an old post and say they did something they didn't...

I was part of the people that created Portugal when it first opened, and my mother was the first Queen. It was great for some time, until all the bickering and politics and real-life hatred began to show up. Not to mention lots of abuse with little to no reply from the dev team.

I'd go back there, if I had the time, but BM is still much better. And playing a family (not just a character that turns out to be really close to yourself), all the difference between IC and OOC, really improves the atmosphere for most people. What I did love about RK which BM still lacks was the tavern :) A chatroom in the region you were in. You could buy people drinks (and get drunk, which messed up your chat lines and was awesomely funny - you would also be unable to do actions for hours or even a couple of days, depending on how many drinks people bought you), you could eat and fool around in a very friendly way.

James:
...Thread returns from the dead...

There was a game I used to play that was all about humans and zombies. Very simple but very fun. Can't remember what it was called though... Hide in the Supermarkets and hope the dead players don't break in and kill you whilst your asleep...

Indirik:
Urban Dead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version