Author Topic: Is Dwilight really SMA?  (Read 43015 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Is Dwilight really SMA?
« Reply #45: June 24, 2011, 03:08:26 AM »
You don't have to get into religion at all to enjoy the game. I'm fairly certain most players do just fine without being part of any religion. Someone with access to the player database can say for sure, but I will gamble on an estimate that there are at least 1.5 times more characters with no in-game religion selected than those who have.

It's just not something that is typically up front and with usefulness. Sure, it can sometimes get power and influence. Now ask again: How many people actually care? Don't make the mistake to think that all, or even the majority, of BM players give a hoot about positions and power and "writing the history of BM". Most could probably care less whether their names are etched into the pillars of BM glory, and rather more care about their own enjoyment, which does not necessarily require, nor necessarily enhanced, by more power and influence.

And so...onto a different, sort of, point: Way too much fluff in BM nowadays. For Dwilight to really be SMA, I'd suggest toning down some features a bit if only so we have more time to focus on actually, you know, roleplaying, rather than spending the time we have logged in to deal with food pushing and monster fighting, and treaty maintaining, and treaty writing, and policing regions and doing courtier work because of those monsters and...you get the point. The game can probably work fine with a more abbreviated economy, estate, treaty, system. That would place the focus more then on fighting, and preaching, which seems to be a key element of Dwilight: religion.

Here's actually a chance to get religion more focus, which is something some people have been screaming to have. Well? It's right here.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:10:43 AM by Artemesia »