Author Topic: Taking new regions becoming historically harder  (Read 32015 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
OK, I've skimmed the thread, and aside from the estate overhaul (which I will try to work with Foundation and the rest of the devs on getting started over the next few weeks), here are a couple of additional suggestions for relatively simple things that could help:

• Allow regions without Lords to have their base caravan offer settings changed by the Banker.  Or possibly by the Duke if they're in a Duchy; either could work.
  • When a new region is taken, the army that the game calculates as having done "the most work" toward the TO (something like "has the most troops there for the most time") adds that region to the Duchy of its base region.
  • Bedwyr suggested military presence preventing riots disrupting courts: this is a good idea.
  • Only relevant for taking rogue regions, but if a region has been rogue for some time, it should be more willing to accept being taken over by any realm (Note: This should actually be happening already, to some degree, due to some bugs in sympathy calculation that were fixed a month or three ago. Take a look, you might be surprised.)
  • Subsistence is probably something I should revisit.  It's supposed to maintain regions without food, and with very low population, but without other disruptions, in a steady state.  It may need some sort of "buffer zone," whereby if the population drops below (say) 100 in region X, it goes into subsistence mode, but it won't come out of it until it goes back above 200.  ...Also, it should be noted that subsistence won't be that helpful on Dwilight, with the constant monster attacks.

Finally, it's not something that's simple, but claims need a rework, and having a more sensible claims system might make it easier to get someone appointed that the Ruler/Duke actually wants as Lord faster.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan