Author Topic: Stuff about Battlemaster I enjoy.  (Read 18338 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff about Battlemaster I enjoy.
« Reply #30: July 08, 2016, 11:28:22 AM »
"Do not insult my intelligence" isn't a saying... it is a defensive phrase. Hence the command "Do not insult!" Is in the phrase, accompanied by "my" stating "Do not insult me!" With a direct object of "intelligence" leading to "Do not insult my intelligence."
Oh wow.  ;D
In reality it is simply an euphemistic way to say "only a dumb person would believe that".
You have to be a bit more clever than that, you have people that want to benefit by looking good for spoiling a rebellion and you have Constantine who believes because you are old, you are obviously savvy and more worthy!
More worthy? Definitely never claimed that.
Savvy? Yeah. Not because you somehow get smarter, you simply get to know the realm's key players better, understand their motives, are able to tell friend from foe and dangerous courtiers from simpletons.
Our young friend here had no idea what he was doing, he had no plan, no allies and really nothing to offer to potential supporters. Unlike his old savvy opposition.
Aww that's a pity. Well at least I didn't have no support, there are two other rebels...
Food for thought: at least one rebel is ALWAYS a spy. You do the math.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 11:30:01 AM by Constantine »