Author Topic: Ways to improve Dukes  (Read 7090 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to improve Dukes
« Reply #15: July 18, 2016, 05:18:00 AM »
Just no. Dukes should be untouchable. They need to be powerful to give more weight to the position.

What I think should be changed is 'Royal Dukes'. If you become a duke you should lose 'Royal' status. It is almost impossible to remove these people.
Hehehe, I agree. It is practically hard to touch a Royal Duke. How about a compromise? You be be only Duke or Royal at one time. You will lose Royal status the moment you become Duke.

No, dukes are too untouchable. The protest mechanic is a reasonable limit on them. A royal duke can be protested out of the duchy, if not the royal status.
I personally would like to see protests. If your duke is inactive, you can just get rid of him.
I remembered back in the day of a bad Judge in one of my characters realms. The Judge itchy finger banned half the realm, but not before we declared rebellion to overturn the ban. Of course the Judge had problem to ban a certain Royal Duke. After sometimes(Real Life many years), we ourselves had problem to remove Royal Duke who was inactive. As we do not want run afoul of the Game Rules for inactive players, we cannot even ban the Royal Duke due to he not fulfilled his duty to fund our army. So can protest daily work on Royal Duke to resolve such situation if this situation happens again? Or can we make it that region lords who under this inactive Royal Duke duchy their protests make more difference due to people would certainly listen to those who hold lands? We can find a formula to see this.

what tension between dukes and rulers?
One of the ideas I see here, is the Ruler ability to tax the Dukes. Which is good for royal coffer and increase the tension.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)