Author Topic: Garas' backstory  (Read 4259 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Garas' backstory
« Topic Start: July 17, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »
I've actually written a bit more than this, but I'll put the rest on here as soon as I post them IG in Oligarch to keep things a bit fresh for them as well.

Part I: Heritage

It was a rainy day in the Omsk peninsula in the middle of fall. The trees had been barren for weeks and the rain fell on the strong branches, making a daft, yet comforting sound. The halls of the great estate were filled with servants, rushing from one place to the next. Although the estate in which these servants lived their occupied lives was very large, the bustle of men, women, food and chaos were centered around a single room.

Just outside this room there sat a man, as calm as a summer’s breeze, seemingly unaffected by the many people rushing past him.
He just sat still, reading some letters as if nothing could phase him, as if he did not hear the screams from the room he sat in front of, nor saw the blooded blankets taken from it. He just sat there, his hair more white than blond now, covering his shoulder emblems. None in the estate however needed an introduction to the man, for so calmly sat Aeneas Quintus Ennius, Duke of Kzakh, Lord of Kazakh.

His story began far across the sea on the shores of another continent: Atamara. He was the son of two minor nobles whom’s houses had joined them in marriage. Born and raised in the great city of Wayburg in the lands of Abington, Aeneas had known a somewhat troubling youth. The city had known decades of war, where the Cagilan Empire had been leading multiple attempts to colonize it, followed by many of the other northerner realms. They succeeded several times, only to see the city retaken shortly thereafter by Abington once more.

When Aeneas had turned seventeen the city once more laid under siege and foreign forces had managed to breach the walls. The war had thinned out many of the noble families in Wayburg, which led to a remarkable decision by its Duke: Magnus the Mighty. In a valiant attempt to save his city he called upon many of the minor family houses to raise their banners and many did, fearing yet another occupation of their city.

The Quintus Ennius family was no exception and offered its two eldest sons: Sycheus and Aeneas. Both brothers received command of around twenty men. It was a minor miracle that both brothers survived the two battles which followed, which would ultimately free the city for the last time. Neither had any experience leading soldiers and while Aeneas had been known to fight on occasion, nothing had prepared him for the death he would witness. As a reward for their service both brothers were knighted by Magnus the Mighty himself and continued to fight in the wars still ongoing.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela