Author Topic: When will BT sink?  (Read 9023 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: When will BT sink?
« Topic Start: July 27, 2016, 09:26:51 PM »
There is no plan to sink BT. So far as I am aware, many people are still enjoying the invasion.

The Netherworld controlling over half the regions is actually a good thing, for a very important reason: If the players controlled those regions, there would be just about enough for every single character to be a Lord. As it stands, the ratio of characters to player-controlled regions on BT is the best in the game.

As for what "the admins want," I still can't wrap my mind around the idea some players seem to have that the Daimons are somehow an arm of our will, and we "want" them to win—that wiping humanity out or subjugating it as fast as possible was actually a goal.

If we wanted the Daimons to rule Beluaterra, we'd just delete your troops. Or set the realm of every region on the continent to Netherworld. Or spawn 100k Daimons in every region. Because we are the admins, we have complete control over the database, and we can literally do anything that the code of the game supports—and even make it support new things if that's what we want.

We actually don't want the Daimons to win. We want the players to have fun. And Beluaterra has always been about struggling against inhuman forces and impossible odds to survive.

If you don't like holding the line against a force you know you can't realistically beat...then Beluaterra might not be for you. And that's OK.

But, um...while I implore you not to think of Daimons' demands as being representative of admin desires, you might want to think a little more about why the Daimons might demand certain things, from an in-character perspective.

Maybe they're demanding that you do things that will leave you unable to effectively hold against them? Maybe they're trying to draw your attention away from something else they're doing?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan