Author Topic: Routefinder problem? Rogue regions don't appear  (Read 1970 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Routefinder problem? Rogue regions don't appear
« Topic Start: August 02, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
So, over the last year or so I keep hitting a brick wall in my travel planning (Though it could've been forever for all I know). The Routefinder doesn't bring up any rogue regions. If it's rogue, it's like the region doesn't exist. Which is supremely irritating because often it's the only way to find out whether region X will actually let you travel into region Y or you're in Beluaterra where Rogue is one of the biggest realms on the continent.

Is it intentional that you can't plan travel to a rogue region or even so much as check the length of the route and how to get there?

egamma

I emailed Tom about that a long time ago and his response was:

"Yes, it sucks. Go conquer it."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I emailed Tom about that a long time ago and his response was:

"Yes, it sucks. Go conquer it."

Well this sucks...

This problem has only been the case since the conquest of Dwilight, I believe. It served a purpose then, but with the shroud gone, not anymore. I believe rogue regions were calculated just fine before it was realized that the pathfinder could be used to see which region belonged to Netherworld (before the Zuma's existence was known).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

I had the same problem in the Colonies. Here's a bug report from 2009:

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=5052#c15423