Author Topic: Raider  (Read 1750 times)

Zakilevo

Raider
« Topic Start: September 16, 2016, 03:30:51 AM »
Would having a new unit setting like a raider be any useful?

Something along the line of the unit setting making embarking 50% faster and cheaper but when you loot, but you gain 50% less loots since your men take a big cut. Plus you can maybe only change the settings within your border?

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Raider
« Reply #1: September 16, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
Would having a new unit setting like a raider be any useful?

Something along the line of the unit setting making embarking 50% faster and cheaper but when you loot, but you gain 50% less loots since your men take a big cut. Plus you can maybe only change the settings within your border?

wouldn't name it raider if it lessened your loot. Name it privateer.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 16, 2016, 05:10:55 PM »
I can think of a few places in Dwilight where that unit setting would be useful (D'Hara, for example), but I don't think it would get a ton of use on our current islands. If we had an "island" like the Philippines, where most of the regions were their own island and bunched together, I could see it being the top unit setting after regular army and police.

I'd go with Marine personally, they were a type of soldier that originally specialized in ship-to-ship and ship-to-ground fighting. I agree with GundamMerc that "raider" sounds like it should improve your looting, perhaps at the expense of fighting ability.

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 17, 2016, 03:28:47 AM »
Or a Reaver, they took their cut before giving to their lords... Marine sounds a bit modern since it is still used... especially given that modern connotations are a honed military unit that is all about the orders... but just a personal preference I guess