Author Topic: Rejected: Royal Edict / Decree  (Read 20119 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: GundamMerc
« Reply #45: January 11, 2017, 03:06:56 PM »
Lol, what? It would be about the same size as the current standing orders, so I really don't see where this would introduce needless scrolling when it's already needed to prevent that in places like GX where the sheer amount of messages means you're likely to miss the order to check the ruler bulletin. We should be making things better for realms that have lots of nobles because they are successful and we want that to continue. We shouldn't refuse to help these realms be a fun place just because the majority of realms are not that big. It would be like saying a city should not have a metro because the majority of towns do not.

Sure, if GX was the greatest and most active realm to have ever existed. But it's not. Realms like GX were pretty much the norm when I started playing, and many realms had hundreds of players.

I've been in GX, I've seen it. Especially being on the OOC group, there was a fair amount of chatter. But I have a had time understanding what the ruler would need to constantly stuff in everyone's face? Nothing stops you from making yourself marshal, if you really want to use that feature.

And frankly, people who miss the orders would just as much miss your standing order. You can't fix lazy. Orders already stick out, and you see them on quickplay, and you can filter for them. People who don't see orders are scrolling too fast. People who scroll too fast are just as likely to scroll past your standing orders.

Maybe you you could give an example of what exactly you'd put on there, you might convince me it's useful. But as it is, I just can't think of any good reason to bloat the volume of pinned content people are forced to view every single login.

I was mildly in favor of adding a new message type, provided something that didn't make the eyes bleed could be found, but I don't really like this solution at all. I feel we've got enough induced scrolling as is. And I feel that this feature would be mostly used to obnoxious ends.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron