BattleMaster > BM General Discussion

Council positions and assasinations

(1/4) > >>

AlexR:

I have asked this question before (several times) and the answer has always been
"A serious wound automatically removes a character from a council position (dukes/lords are immune)"

Has that changed once again in order to mess with the infiltrator class?
It is difficult to take out a council member as they are well guarded, so it takes me a while to collect data points -- but I just seriously wounded the king of Westmoor and he remains king anyway.  Can someone please clarify?

Anaris:
For serious wounding by an infiltrator, Council positions are lost instantly, except the Ruler position in a Monarch, Theocracy, or Tyranny.

All positions can be lost if the character remains wounded for long enough, from any kind of wound.

We know that there is a certain amount of inconsistency in how wounding is treated.  We intend to clear it up, but due to the way the code in these situations works, it's not as simple as it sounds.

AlexR:

Oooh, except some rulers.  Thank you for clarifying! :)

You may want to consider changing (shortening) the wounded period for position loss *if* you want it to occur.  I have seen someone lose their position due to wound timeout exactly once in my total 3 and a half years of playing BM.

Young characters recover in a day or two.  Older characters (in their sixties and older) take longer to recover - so several times I heard that they went as far as the first warning that they will be removed from the position if they don't return.  But then they always managed to recover before actually losing a position.

You should be able to check how often people *actually* lose their position due to a serious wound (again, assuming you want this to happen from time to time - maybe you don't).

Anaris:

--- Quote from: AlexR on July 01, 2011, 06:55:16 PM ---Oooh, except some rulers.  Thank you for clarifying! :)

You may want to consider changing (shortening) the wounded period for position loss *if* you want it to occur.  I have seen someone lose their position due to wound timeout exactly once in my total 3 and a half years of playing BM.
--- End quote ---

For a very long time, it was nearly impossible for any wound to trigger the wound position timeout.  That changed last year with my implementation of the new wounding system.  I have now seen several characters affected by it.

That's not to say it will never be tweaked; like many aspects of the game, it bears paying attention to, and having its knobs turned if things aren't quite in balance.

We do want people to lose their positions from wounds, and it does happen—the question, of course, for both of those, is how often.

Sacha:
What about imprisonment?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version