Author Topic: Under Debate: Building of Temples  (Read 5178 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Building of Temples
« Topic Start: October 07, 2016, 12:40:54 AM »
Perhaps I'm just not getting why Lords would need an approve button.  Do Knights need to get approval for their statues before they can build them?  If we applied the Lord logic being applied in this thread, then logically the actual ruler of a realm should have a lot of approval required options since all lands belong to them?  After all, Lords "king of region"....  Ruler "king of realm"?

Knights are already directly and explicitly granted the land of their estate by the Lord. If a knight builds a statue that his liege lord doesn't like, his lord can kick him out of the estate and get the statue torn down.

Priests, in the general case, have no connection to the land they would be building a temple. Imagine it like a priest today just coming into your back yard with a work crew and starting to build a church there.

There is no way in hell we're going to give priests the ability to build temples in regions that aren't theirs without at least requiring Lordly approval.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan