Author Topic: Under Debate: Building of Temples  (Read 4987 times)

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Building of Temples
« Topic Start: October 08, 2016, 01:29:57 AM »
Priests, in the general case, have no connection to the land they would be building a temple. Imagine it like a priest today just coming into your back yard with a work crew and starting to build a church there.

I'll run with your scenario.  If a priest did that today, the owner would have them arrested.  I believe that BM code has an arrest a priest option last time I checked.  So...  Imagine the same could happen in BM?  The code already exists and it would give a reason other than preaching to use it.  Doesn't that make sense?

Quote from: Anaris
There is no way in hell we're going to give priests the ability to build temples in regions that aren't theirs without at least requiring Lordly approval.

If that's the attitude that you have, then don't even bother coding that in.  It'll be a waste of your time.  Part of the whole reason why I am trying to get this problem solved is because Lords are too lazy to bother with something that has no benefit to them.

Thank you for reminding me why I don't put in feature requests.  There's no chance in "hell" of you doing anything other than reinforcing the problems that we try to suggest fixing.  After all, there are NO negative reasons given YET why adding this would be adverse to the game or even social interaction.  I won't make this mistake again.  Have a pleasant day