Author Topic: Rejected: Assigning Heirs  (Read 7262 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Rejected: Assigning Heirs
« Topic Start: October 26, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
  • Summary: I'd like to see a system where characters can assign heirs to inherit their titles if incapacitated
  • Details: My idea is for a new Ruler/Command option, maybe under government rules, where we can select who can assign heirs (Ruler, Duke, Lords, or NONE)
  • Benefits: I believe this adds an official RP flavor to the game mechanics, particularly for non-republican realms that don't really do elections. Realms and regions whose rulers go inactive are automatically replaced instead of the drawn out election period, upcoming knights have something to look forward to (or if they are malicious actively work towards), and I like the idea of a game-supported line of succession. Maybe we can even add a generated title for the heir like Heir to Ruler/Country/Duchy/Town, etc. Which would lead me to my next posts about Judges and Ransom (for later :-). Maybe even a tool to use for adventurers, although that might be going too far
  • Possible Downsides or Exploits: I can see how placeholders might try to exploit this, and also how "incapacitated might need further definition. Like instead of simply being captured or wounded, it only triggers if the titleholder goes inactive, is banned, or killed.
    « Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:05:40 AM by Vita »
    "Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"