Author Topic: Rejected: War Games  (Read 1416 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Rejected: War Games
« Topic Start: April 27, 2017, 10:10:03 PM »
Summary: Friendly Unit Battles!

Details:
  • Instead of one noble fighting another, what about a nobles leading their units against each other in mock skirmishes? I figure this option could be added to the duel-request drop down like Surrender  => Death => War Game or maybe have it as a separate option altogether adjacent to duels and also including the Surrender (in which case your soldiers don’t actually die) or To the Death (in which case, well, they do.) Eventually, I’d love to see this idea expanded to tournaments one day (Swordfigthing, Jousting, Unit battles!), or maybe even whole friendly armies clashing.
Benefits:
  • Players talk a lot of smack, be it with realm mates, allies, or what have you. But they tend to avoid duels (and for very good reasons!) I think adding this option would added an additional layer to roleplay. Not everyone’s a duelist, but the game does not revolve around 1v1 battles, at least not often. What if a player has poured tremendous amounts of time and energy into crafting a great unit and wants to see how it goes against someone else?
Possible Downsides or Exploits: 
  • I have a running bet with myself that the first critique I will see is that “Its called BATTLEmaster for a reason!” Yeah, well, not every island is the War Island. As with most of my ideas, adding this option will probably mean a tremendous amount of work for the devs, and there is no guarantee that it will be fully embraced or utilized by the player base.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:04:49 AM by Vita »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: War Games
« Reply #1: April 27, 2017, 10:17:45 PM »
Nope. This is one of those things that has always been on the "never ever" list.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: War Games
« Reply #2: April 27, 2017, 10:27:10 PM »
Nope. This is one of those things that has always been on the "never ever" list.

ahh my bad, I must have missed it.

but wait, there's more!...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"