Author Topic: War Stories  (Read 24836 times)

Zakilevo

Re: War Stories
« Reply #45: April 08, 2011, 05:34:40 PM »
50 cavalries evened the odd? Do cavalry units make that much difference? I mean against masses of infantry units? Don't cavalries turn into infantries after the initial charge?

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 08, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »
No well it's not only 50 horses at all. But some huge horse units and more broadly speaking increasing the amount of cavalry really made the difference, you can check battle reports and receiving a 3500 hits charge is quite damaging, and if the horse unit doesn't take too many hits, it goes on inflicting some very nice damage.

Zakilevo

« Reply #47: April 08, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
I wonder if the game mechanic allows people to pull something like hammer and anvil. ;D

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #48: April 09, 2011, 01:03:30 AM »
No well it's not only 50 horses at all. But some huge horse units and more broadly speaking increasing the amount of cavalry really made the difference, you can check battle reports and receiving a 3500 hits charge is quite damaging, and if the horse unit doesn't take too many hits, it goes on inflicting some very nice damage.
SoA's greatest fear: Sirionite Cavalry. We have lost much battles due to your cavalry. And we lack good cav-RC's to counter yours.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
« Reply #49: April 12, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »
One of the best things I've ever seen is Sirion cavalry and Perdan Infantry, the Mountain Elite of Castle Ubent 80 80/80 and another infantry from Partora or Perdan City (cant remember their names) were like 75 90/70 or something like that.
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 12, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »
The Perdan Parliamentary Infantry: 75/90/70.

We used to have the best cavalry center, in Aix, the Black Riders. (Which we will soon have again! HA HA HA!!!)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #51: April 12, 2011, 07:56:51 PM »
Sirion just destroyed Fontan in their own capital again. Time to steal some tax gold :)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #52: April 12, 2011, 10:47:25 PM »
Bisquez Castle Guards   Inf   65   90/80

Read it and weep. The training might not be as high, but training can be increased, while weapon and armor levels cannot. That's why I like Darka.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #53: April 12, 2011, 11:51:17 PM »
Hm, since this is about war stories on EC, shouldn't we be bragging about our awesome RCs on EC? Let's hear from OI. For all we know they might be secretly harboring a 90 100/100 SF center that they never use only because they don't have the income in their entire realm to recruit and support any.  :D

Zakilevo

« Reply #54: April 13, 2011, 12:23:00 AM »
What? They have 100/100 SF? really?

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: April 13, 2011, 02:16:40 AM »
The Perdan Parliamentary Infantry: 75/90/70.

We used to have the best cavalry center, in Aix, the Black Riders. (Which we will soon have again! HA HA HA!!!)

That is very unlikely. But Ibladesh also boasts some very nice Cavalry centers. Though I really don't know much about our RCs as I'm a Priest and get to lead a unit of mules ???
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #56: April 13, 2011, 03:28:53 AM »
What? They have 100/100 SF? really?
Artemesia said "for all we know".  So no, they probably don't have one, but OI tends to be very silent.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #57: April 13, 2011, 04:38:48 AM »
I would be able to tell you an East Continent one if my bloody active nobles would go from 2 to 3. Unfortunately, I am not able to join Sirion (I miss you, my love!) until then.

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: April 13, 2011, 05:09:18 AM »
Truly one of my favourite and least favourite things is the war banter.

Some of the interactions between the Troop Leader's in regions is absolutely hysterical, and some is completely mental. Not in a terribly good way either.  :o

I've seen friendly and honourable encounters between warring states on the EC, and some dastardly but amazingly written deeds happen. EC has flavourful wars if nothing else.

At least between Perdan/Caligus and the recent war of the Federation vs the Alliance. (to quote the Asenian Courier which I do happen to read) The roleplays and letters sent back and forth in combat zones makes me typically chuckle aloud, which is something in itself.  :D

I don't know much about the interactions between Sirion and SoA, but I can imagine the years of warring would lead to some interesting character developments.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #59: April 13, 2011, 05:15:26 AM »
Last time I was near the front in Sirion, Fontan seemed to be in denial about losing.