Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 565435 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1005: August 02, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »
And what were we going to do about it? Politely ask the other side to hold off while we took Eston out back behind the woodshed? Come on. You had to know that the risks were minimal. In the current situation no one can afford to turn allies into enemies. Long term it might lead to some problems for Eston, but I rather doubt it, and if Coria is in any kind of trouble with their allies this is the first I've heard of it. The cold hard fact is that the north needs Eston way too badly to ever consider turning on you while CE is out to get us, something you're no doubt keenly aware of.
I have to agree with this. The Eston/Coria treaty was no risk for either party. It's not like CE & Co. was going to bitch Coria out for tying the northerners in knots trying to jump through the hoops we have in order to simply fight the other side. And let's be realistic, there's no way that was going to turn into a Darka/Eston war as long as Darka could still march through Eston. So... yeah... Not very risky.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.