Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 564784 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1500: January 10, 2013, 05:55:18 PM »
Coria never agreed to attack Tara as you've said. You can twist words however you like, but what I have said is true. Coria has always stood by its agreements. The problem is that the North for too long has viewed Coria simply as a minor puppet which either they can manipulate or attack so that in your view CE can't manipulate us. I would think though that after Coria has successfully won two wars now against the north that we'd have earned some respect.

Laszlo actually grew to like Coria once Saeculo was out of the picture. That said, I will tell you that you still won't get respect because the enduring image in most people's minds ought to be that Coria was saved by the Taran army. Incidentally, that also does nothing to disabuse people of the notion that Coria remains a client state of the CE bloc.

I know you like to emphasize Corian independence, but honestly I doubt you will get much respect for that assertion until you do more to separate yourselves from CE and Tara. It's easy to win wars when you've got the island's twin hegemons backing you up, and it's hard to believe anything you have to say about how independent Coria is when everything you do paints a picture of a Coria that is still wedded to that support. You talk a big game about the many ways in which you're prepared not to toe the Cagilan line, but very rarely do those words translate into actions IG. Walk the walk and things might change.