Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 573961 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1575: January 18, 2013, 05:31:10 AM »
Yes. And that was because I, as a player, went travelling around South-East Asia for four months and paused my characters. To suggest Saeculo 'lost his position and was replaced' for trying to justify an excursion down South is ludicris at best. If I hadn't gone travelling, Saeculo would probably still be Consul right now.

I don't really recall the incident, but I believe the reasoning behind it is that you couldn't disprove it. No-one called Saeculo a liar at the time. If they had, he would have challanged them to a duel. Nobility didn't just accuse nobility of lying very lightly.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure this 'excuse' was talked about within the Senate, or at least with Merlin.

Besides, it was Hammarsett that broke their treaty with us, not the other way around. They did so by using our lands to attack Tara, we helped Tara and it was THIS that Hammarsett used as it's reasoning for War, not because Coria was marching South.

As an OOC note, I truly tried to play Saeculo as an honest and noble character, but the politics and bias was just unbelievable, and by the end Saeculo was getting fed up of trying for nothing.

Shhhh, they don't remember that.

I use this forum for propaganda. You're killing me. ;-)

You were Consul at the time so you knew what was going on much more than me. I'm sure you told me the reasons but I can't remember everything that happened so long ago.

I know I"m accurate on the excuse for going south though. I had one of the original ideas about it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."