Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 573803 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1695: April 17, 2013, 10:21:42 PM »
I am amazed at how much of the Empire's army got wiped out. Between the two battle in Wistir, two rounds of post-battle hunting, and the chasing battle in Slantrax, barely a handful of the southerner's 40K army is getting home alive. I definitely had not hoped for anything near that good.

Well, the attack on the palisade was a total bloodbath for us; the infantry (who were outnumbered to start with) climbed the walls in the first wave with only 2 siege engines, and then the cavalry rode in after the infantry was already decimated so they got decimated too. Laszlo's unit was literally wiped out to a man (I had 50+ wounded, 0 healthy men). Then a lot of us also got wounded, so we couldn't get out of there and our units got hunted. Laszlo recovered this morning enough to run for Slantrax, but one or more of his men apparently got better and so he got seriously wounded in the battle there. The younger, sprier Antonius had better luck and managed to get out ahead of the Darkans, albeit with a single healthy man left out of the 20 he started with.

It's pretty much been a complete rout from beginning to end. Laszlo will probably make his disgust known and refuse to join CE's campaigns anymore, once he recovers that is. Antonius, being a young knight from CE, will no doubt see you fine gentleman again in a few weeks.