Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 559281 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #345: July 17, 2011, 04:25:42 AM »
Indeed, and my point was you've had plenty of time to gain another city from the CE, you've had a much larger force than the Empire. You can't blame your allies for getting fed up of any lack of progress. Maybe I'm not being entirely fair to Carelia, but I am surprised you haven't done better, the start of the War and the acquisition of Skalk couldn't have gone better, yet since then it seems you have been on the back foot. 

(grins wryly) What reports have you been seeing?  Carelia's army by itself is no match for the CE, and Suville and Caergoth have contributed such small forces (generally 5-6K each, though Suville had a bigger one recently, that fight for a week tops and then take two-three weeks to refit) that the combined armies of Carelia, Caergoth, and Suville can't fight the full Cagilan army in the field.  As we managed to prove several times.

Without the allies present, Carelia could only nip at the edges of the Cagilan force while it burned everything in the western third of the realm to the ground.

Certainly, Carelia's made a poor showing in the war, but it's been considerably better than anything Caergoth or Suville have done.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"