Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 564889 times)

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
Re: The Current War
« Reply #570: February 08, 2012, 03:34:02 PM »
As one of the few players with characters in Suville and (for most of her life) in Carelia I can confirm the letters sent to Suville on the subject of the First Suvillian Crusade against the Serpaenists in Carelia, the Southern War of Aggression against the Empire and finally the Rout of Carelia (or the War for Wayburg).

ICly - if you're going to offer to pay your allies, you had best make good on your offer. Carelia made a gross miscalculation if they believed that Suville would gladly bury the hatchet, the peace deal was not received well by the nobility in Suville.
Overall, abrupt leadership changes in both realms (Leta for Nathan and Aeryn for Caibre) not to mention the mess that is left of Caergoth led to a lack of continuity and direction in these wars. This was exploited to make a case for the ceasefire between Suville and CE and finally the turn of Suville against Carelia herself.

I think it would be interesting to hear Bedwyr's view on the senior goings on in Carelia as he played the opposite to my own characters.