Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 573586 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #645: April 12, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
Er, what? Two things:

We did focus on CE. For a couple months. Did you read what I wrote? It was less than effective due to the fact that Tara also went west, and was always there to defend the Empire. It's not like we wanted to fight Tara, they were always there to fight us. We made multiple looting runs into CE, and all ended with us being crushed by Tara. Most of the battles weren't even close since we suffered far more than they did from straggling and equipment damage due to the much longer route we had to take to get there. I seriously doubt that our efforts did much in the way of damage to CE, which is the entire reason why we changed course and started to aim at Tara, to reduce their ability to defend the Empire, which they were doing very effectively.

This is just... Not true? I clearly remember Munro bitching at me repeatedly (IC) whenever some idiot noble from Hammarsett decided to walk through Menedor on the way back from CE instead of taking the long way around through Elost. We were forbidden by the terms of the treaty from entering any Corian regions.

Oh you're from Hammarsett. I was assuming you're from Darka. You're mistake was then not to simply fight Tara by going through Lothruin. Lothruin was open for movement but Lothruin was not.

The whole issue I kept seeing was some serious geographical obsessions which simply didn't make sense. Like those realms in the east wanting to fight in the west and vice-versa.

Right now Hammarsett is free to attack anyone they want and through any regions. However, they primarily use Lothruin when moving forward, as do all of your allies. Conversely in fighting on the eastern front, none of the NA is using any of Coria's regions, even though based upon the treaty they could also use some of the regions in the east.

The other point is: If you can't win militarily against the realm's your fighting based upon numerical force, then it doesn't really matter where you attack because the allies will just stop you there. CE and her allies have always had the numerical advantage in this fight except when Coria had the treaty signed. This gave a slight numerical advantage to the north.

On another note: The only reason Coria rejoined the war was due to Hammarsett's disrespect for the agreements and our borders, including intentionally disregarding requests for our borders to be respected and Hammarsett trying to provoke conflict. (Note: This is likely somewhat biased, but having arranged much of these things myself, they are based mostly in fact).

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."