Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 573585 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #645: May 10, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
There's always been isolated incidents of looting on both sides from nobles who didn't know any better or didn't care, but Hammarsett has always been very careful to order their nobles not to loot in Tara. If you were getting reports of it, you should have contacted Kurohyou to put a stop to it. That's what both sides used to do until just now all of a sudden. The current looting spree in Lyton is clearly officially sanctioned judging by the scale of it.

Tara began officially sanctioning looting in Hammarsett a while back, when Hammarsett had multiple nobles at once loot in Taran regions.

>_>

Recently joined Hammersett, no idea what's going on but my estate in Lyton has been razed to the ground by an army of 3-4 nations. <_< Considering how the estate was giving me exactly 1 gold tax, I don't much mind, but still.

I've done a lot of reading but I still don't quite understand the details of the current war involving Hammersett, or rather, what apparently seems to be a self-inflicted political gangbang?

I'll give you the low down:

Coria and Hammarsett are beyond war, but are at hatred with each other. That means that the only way for the war to end is for one realm to destroy the other. While I am somewhat biased on this issue, it WAS hammarsett who broke their agreements with Coria and declared the beginning of this war when Coria simply wanted peace with its neighbors while the whole of Atamara was at war. Coria though declared the Hatred later on in the conflict.

Coria has Talerium, Tara, and CE as its main and closest allies in the conflict for the entire duration of the war. Newly created realms and new allies are excluded simply because I know less information about them.

Hammarsett has Eston, BoM, Minas Ithil, and Darka as its main allies for the entire duration of the war.

The war though is operating on two fronts. The Eston/Talerium front, and the Coria/Hammarsett front. Each alliance is splitting its forces to each front depending upon the needs of the alliance at the time as well as particular goals each is trying to achieve.

Oh, and the Northern alliance is losing the war, (at least as little as an alliance can be losing a war that is in a virtual stalemate)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."