Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 564733 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #990: August 02, 2012, 04:47:14 AM »
I don't particularly like Darka's set up with Talerium, but the way I see it, if Darka were to break the border treaty with Talerium, Darka would be forced to stay on the Western front, which would allow the Eastern front to get basically slaughtered considering that at least half of the strength that the Eastern Front puts out every campaign is Darkan. Also, Darka is still a mercenary realm. If they started attacking neighbors and breaking border treaties, they would never fight another mercenary war as long as they live, as no neighboring realm would trust them enough to use their lands to accomplish their mercenary goals.

Mercenary? Since when are they still mercenary? They certainly aren't fighting this war as a mercenary realm, as far as I am aware. If so... who is paying them?

Whereas if Eston attacks Coria, they don't really lose anything,

Right, nothing to lose.

I'm sure the 30,000+ CS of Talerium and Cagilan forces sitting in Cantril will just chill while we're like "Oh hey, guys! I know we've doing this whole standoff thing, but we're going to go sack Barad Falas real quick just wait here till we get back, brb!"

Or, you know, they could rage across the Eston heartland burning and pillaging unopposed as they did at the beginning of the war. But whatever, nothing to lose.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)