Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 556112 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #615: April 11, 2012, 05:59:26 AM »
Few and far between. And when there is, little is accomplished.

Northeast, not northwest!

We fight from time to time, though we spend more time taking turns looting and TOing each other's regions. When there is a battle it's usually pretty big, and usually involves at least five realms. I'm perfectly happy with the war, though I'd be more happy if we were winning. Not that we're exactly losing either, but you know. There's plenty to do and it's far from boring because unlike certain people who are complaining, we decided to take the some risks and give up our cozy little arrangements with the enemy that kept us safe but also horribly bored  ;)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616: April 11, 2012, 06:05:00 AM »

I heard there are Cookie stores over there, we should go and take a look.

peace!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #617: April 11, 2012, 07:54:41 AM »

Oops! My bad. And yeah, definitely more fighting over there.

because unlike certain people who are complaining, we decided to take the some risks and give up our cozy little arrangements with the enemy that kept us safe but also horribly bored  ;)

Umm... who exactly is "we?"

If you're in Darka, don't even give me that.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #618: April 11, 2012, 10:59:02 AM »
Oh I bet the Darkans are having fun. They're doing a good job with the raiding too. I have never fought another opponent that's harder to encircle or interdict. You don't even see movement until 2 to 3 hours after turn change, so good luck intercepting them. *shakes fist at the Darkans*  >:(

That offer to visit Cantril is still open. I promise that we won't defend our entrenchments very hard. In fact, I believe Estonite troops would be greeted as liberators. ;D
------
qui audet vincit

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619: April 11, 2012, 11:08:46 AM »
We had our fun at Taran lands, but to be honest, we were even too agile to our self and slowly our army wore off by laggers...

And since we were chased we didnt have much time to do actual damage... but it was fun.

It would be fun to charge towards Cantril, and even beyond it towards to Eaglin, but i have made a promise not to get there to our friends Talerium. I miss the days that Eaglin was refit spot to Darkan army, mayby some day it will be again so :)

~Violence is always an option!~

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #620: April 11, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »
That offer to visit Cantril is still open. I promise that we won't defend our entrenchments very hard. In fact, I believe Estonite troops would be greeted as liberators. ;D

I would, man. But I only go to parties if my wing-man comes along with me; ya know, help me score. But, my wing-man Darka, is being a total douche about goin' to the Cantril party. I'm all like 'dude, gonna be hot cagilans there!' and he's all like 'nah brah, I heard those dweeb talermites gunna be all up in that place, not cool.' So, yeah, we're stuck here chillin at Nazamroth's drinkin slushies and tryin to get somebody to go inside the station and buy us some cigarettes. Sucks big ones, brah.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621: April 11, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »
Just shake a hand with Talerium and come to world tour with Darka!

Wouldnt it be nice, first Barad Falas, Tarasac, Tucha, Aja...

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #622: April 11, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »
Umm... who exactly is "we?"

If you're in Darka, don't even give me that.

Pfff, they're almost as bad as you guys. But not quite. But then I'm biased by the fact that Eston was so completely willing to sell us down the river to make nice with Coria.

I play in Hammarsett. We threw caution to the wind a while back and declared war on all the people that, you know, we were fighting anyway. All these wars that aren't wars and cozy little deals on the side are complete bullpuckey. Grow some balls and take some risks, people, especially if you're going to complain about being bored...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #623: April 11, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »
Pfff, they're almost as bad as you guys. But not quite. But then I'm biased by the fact that Eston was so completely willing to sell us down the river to make nice with Coria.

I play in Hammarsett. We threw caution to the wind a while back and declared war on all the people that, you know, we were fighting anyway. All these wars that aren't wars and cozy little deals on the side are complete bullpuckey. Grow some balls and take some risks, people, especially if you're going to complain about being bored...

"I play Hammarsett. We like losing wars, and making enemies we can't fight on our own. These people that are beating us are all cowards anyway, but if we lose its not our fault."

Sorry, that's just what I read from that. And don't be mean to Eston, they're so friendly...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #624: April 11, 2012, 06:12:09 PM »
"I play Hammarsett. We like losing wars, and making enemies we can't fight on our own. These people that are beating us are all cowards anyway, but if we lose its not our fault."

Sorry, that's just what I read from that. And don't be mean to Eston, they're so friendly...

Meh. Better to have fun than to win.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #625: April 11, 2012, 09:19:27 PM »
Meh. Better to have fun than to win.

That's a sentiment I can agree with. Although nothing excludes the winners from having fun.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #626: April 11, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »

Wait, so you want people to break the long existing power blocks and take risks, but when Eston does exactly that--makes friends with Coria, and angers her long standing allies in the north--all of a sudden we don't have balls and don't take risks? And are "almost as bad a Darka?" Hell, I risked the whole damn Northern Alliance falling apart or coming down on top of me to sign a separate peace and make friends with Coria. THAT is taking bold risks.

Sorry you don't LIKE the risks Eston has taken, and sorry they have lead to things not working out how you want them to, but Eston has certainly taken more "risk" than any other Northern realm when it comes to breaking established power blocks.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #627: April 11, 2012, 10:24:41 PM »
Wait, so you want people to break the long existing power blocks and take risks, but when Eston does exactly that--makes friends with Coria, and angers her long standing allies in the north--all of a sudden we don't have balls and don't take risks? And are "almost as bad a Darka?" Hell, I risked the whole damn Northern Alliance falling apart or coming down on top of me to sign a separate peace and make friends with Coria. THAT is taking bold risks.

Sorry you don't LIKE the risks Eston has taken, and sorry they have lead to things not working out how you want them to, but Eston has certainly taken more "risk" than any other Northern realm when it comes to breaking established power blocks.

I think he meant in the "promote fun"-kind of way. Not in the "we're scared we're going to lose everything so we'll make friends with one of our enemies"-kind of way.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #628: April 11, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
Oh I bet the Darkans are having fun. They're doing a good job with the raiding too. I have never fought another opponent that's harder to encircle or interdict. You don't even see movement until 2 to 3 hours after turn change, so good luck intercepting them. *shakes fist at the Darkans*  >:(

We're jealous of your freedom, Darka!
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629: April 12, 2012, 12:11:56 AM »
... my wing-man Darka, is being a total douche ...
Don't you dare make me break out Silly Songs with Eston...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.