Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 560783 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #645: April 12, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
Er, what? Two things:

We did focus on CE. For a couple months. Did you read what I wrote? It was less than effective due to the fact that Tara also went west, and was always there to defend the Empire. It's not like we wanted to fight Tara, they were always there to fight us. We made multiple looting runs into CE, and all ended with us being crushed by Tara. Most of the battles weren't even close since we suffered far more than they did from straggling and equipment damage due to the much longer route we had to take to get there. I seriously doubt that our efforts did much in the way of damage to CE, which is the entire reason why we changed course and started to aim at Tara, to reduce their ability to defend the Empire, which they were doing very effectively.

This is just... Not true? I clearly remember Munro bitching at me repeatedly (IC) whenever some idiot noble from Hammarsett decided to walk through Menedor on the way back from CE instead of taking the long way around through Elost. We were forbidden by the terms of the treaty from entering any Corian regions.

Oh you're from Hammarsett. I was assuming you're from Darka. You're mistake was then not to simply fight Tara by going through Lothruin. Lothruin was open for movement but Lothruin was not.

The whole issue I kept seeing was some serious geographical obsessions which simply didn't make sense. Like those realms in the east wanting to fight in the west and vice-versa.

Right now Hammarsett is free to attack anyone they want and through any regions. However, they primarily use Lothruin when moving forward, as do all of your allies. Conversely in fighting on the eastern front, none of the NA is using any of Coria's regions, even though based upon the treaty they could also use some of the regions in the east.

The other point is: If you can't win militarily against the realm's your fighting based upon numerical force, then it doesn't really matter where you attack because the allies will just stop you there. CE and her allies have always had the numerical advantage in this fight except when Coria had the treaty signed. This gave a slight numerical advantage to the north.

On another note: The only reason Coria rejoined the war was due to Hammarsett's disrespect for the agreements and our borders, including intentionally disregarding requests for our borders to be respected and Hammarsett trying to provoke conflict. (Note: This is likely somewhat biased, but having arranged much of these things myself, they are based mostly in fact).

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #646: April 12, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
Your memory isn't so good I think, though it could always be me.

Even though it was under Tara's control for a little while, Lothruin somehow ended up under Coria's control prior to the treaty signing, which did cut us off. We had to travel through Elost for everything. Of this I am fairly sure.

As far as Coria reentering the war, we declared war on you. You might have been planning to do the same for all I know, but I know that I was the one who pulled the trigger. Of this I'm 100% certain.

As for the balance of forces, I don't know. Even if one side or the other has a numerical advantage, part of the equation is where those numbers are placed and how long it takes to move them around. You and your allies have enjoyed the advantage of interior lines for most of the war, which allows you to make more efficient use of the forces you do have. This problem was heavily exacerbated for us when we were unable to use Menedor and Lothruin.

I don't honestly know if in the end Coria being in the war is good or bad for us, but to me it feels like we've done better when Coria is a battleground. I don't think you understand just how ineffective the Northern Alliance was during the time Coria was at peace. We accomplished, well, about as much as Eston has been ever since they made peace with Coria. It was a stalemate, and one that did not favor us in any way.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647: April 12, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »
I vaguely remember some episode during the treaty where corian forces took a "vacation" or something like that, and happened to take Tara's side in an important battle. Coria was not supposed to be fighting in the war anymore, and their presence was supposedly an "accident".

Also, at least for my part, we wanted Coria out of the way permanently. Which means Hammarpeeps get an extra duchy and resources to help fight the war against the Empire. It wasn't all about travel routes.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #648: April 12, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »
All I know is that the Cagilan Empire will crush any pathetic weak humans that are so foolish to oppose it and are unwilling to convert to Daimon Worship.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #649: April 17, 2012, 07:22:40 AM »
Saw a battle report today. Good stuff, wish I can join in :P

Battle in Shanandoah   (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Cagilan Empire, Coria, Strombran, Tara vs. Hammarsett, Minas Ithil
Estimated strengths: 1530 men vs. 1030 men
The Strong Arm of Tara (Tara), sponsored by Ottar Perkeleet, Tyrant of Tara, Ambassador of Tara, were led into battle by Marshal Kalanar Of Stargard.
The Legion of Minas Ithil (Minas Ithil), sponsored by Raoul De La Fere, Duke of Leohampton, Margrave of Leohampton, were led into battle by Marshal Rodel Iturralde.
The Corian Phalanx (Coria), sponsored by Merlin Silverfire, General of Coria, Duke of Barad Falas, Margrave of Barad Falas, were led into battle by Marshal Jean Luc Kinsey.
The Barad Falas Vanguard (Coria), sponsored by Merlin Silverfire, General of Coria, Duke of Barad Falas, Margrave of Barad Falas, were led into battle by Marshal Wind Blue Star.
The Berserkers (Hammarsett), sponsored by Sir Sigurd Havarth Crownguard, Duke of Shanandoah, Margrave of Shanandoah, were led into battle by Marshal Tjostolv Schancke.
The Strombran Stormguard (Strombran), sponsored by Cadelius Strika, Duke of Strombran, Margrave of Strombran, were led into battle by Marshal Tiberius Paxwax.
Merlin Silverfire, General of Coria, Duke of Barad Falas, Margrave of Barad Falas is spotted wielding the Guard of the Ancients.
Doctor Jeckyl, Master of Scales of Coria is spotted wearing the Long-lost Gem of Elroth.
Luthor Forbes, Supreme Chancellor of Strombran is spotted wearing the Tempus' Ring of Command.
Aden Mogger (Knight of Chagasu) is spotted wielding the Ruron's Guard.
The hero Vince Puff (Knight of Jauchu, Tara) was killed by Acquinas Burep's unit.
Charles Elegant, Marshal of the Est Sularus oth Mithas was captured by Raziel III Himoura's unit.
Tristan Devlin of Cagilan Empire, Earl of Ansalle was captured by a militia unit of Hammarsett.
Severus Scarlett (Knight of Canock, Strombran) was captured by a militia unit of Hammarsett.

Defender Victory!
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #650: May 10, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »
>_>

Recently joined Hammersett, no idea what's going on but my estate in Lyton has been razed to the ground by an army of 3-4 nations. <_< Considering how the estate was giving me exactly 1 gold tax, I don't much mind, but still.

I've done a lot of reading but I still don't quite understand the details of the current war involving Hammersett, or rather, what apparently seems to be a self-inflicted political gangbang?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #651: May 10, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »
Hey, we're on one of the two front lines of the war. It's only to be expected. Also, Tara has apparently decided that we're not funny anymore and it's time for us to die.

It's a big war. We actually technically have more allies than the other guys, they're just not around at the moment and it looks like the enemy is going on the offensive.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652: May 10, 2012, 06:54:09 PM »
>_>

Recently joined Hammersett, no idea what's going on but my estate in Lyton has been razed to the ground by an army of 3-4 nations. <_< Considering how the estate was giving me exactly 1 gold tax, I don't much mind, but still.

I've done a lot of reading but I still don't quite understand the details of the current war involving Hammersett, or rather, what apparently seems to be a self-inflicted political gangbang?

Will give summary later when back if no one else has.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #653: May 10, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »
Indeed.

I've noticed them looting, pillaging and raping when supposedly they agreed not to.

The game just got serious. :P

I do not take lightly the raping of my people... Not like I want a bunch of weak-willed Taran bastard-children sprouting around in impoverished single-parent homes across the region, anyway. That is a definite recipe for disastrous rebellion if ever I saw one... That, and spiking the royal banquet with hallucinogenics. Nobles don't take kindly to a rival monarch stripping to their royal undergarments and engaging in sexual activities with inanimate objects in the middle of a royal diplomatic gathering.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654: May 10, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
The north should blame the ridiculous treaties they have with neighbors.

Peace!

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #655: May 10, 2012, 08:16:19 PM »
It was not Tara who declared war or started looting. Perhaps they just get pissed .I can't believe that you can loot without fearing counteractions.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #656: May 10, 2012, 09:10:52 PM »
It was not Tara who declared war or started looting. Perhaps they just get pissed .I can't believe that you can loot without fearing counteractions.

There's always been isolated incidents of looting on both sides from nobles who didn't know any better or didn't care, but Hammarsett has always been very careful to order their nobles not to loot in Tara. If you were getting reports of it, you should have contacted Kurohyou to put a stop to it. That's what both sides used to do until just now all of a sudden. The current looting spree in Lyton is clearly officially sanctioned judging by the scale of it.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #657: May 10, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
There's always been isolated incidents of looting on both sides from nobles who didn't know any better or didn't care, but Hammarsett has always been very careful to order their nobles not to loot in Tara. If you were getting reports of it, you should have contacted Kurohyou to put a stop to it. That's what both sides used to do until just now all of a sudden. The current looting spree in Lyton is clearly officially sanctioned judging by the scale of it.

Tara began officially sanctioning looting in Hammarsett a while back, when Hammarsett had multiple nobles at once loot in Taran regions.

>_>

I'll give you the low down:

Coria and Hammarsett are beyond war, but are at hatred with each other. That means that the only way for the war to end is for one realm to destroy the other. While I am somewhat biased on this issue, it WAS hammarsett who broke their agreements with Coria and declared the beginning of this war when Coria simply wanted peace with its neighbors while the whole of Atamara was at war. Coria though declared the Hatred later on in the conflict.

Coria has Talerium, Tara, and CE as its main and closest allies in the conflict for the entire duration of the war. Newly created realms and new allies are excluded simply because I know less information about them.

Hammarsett has Eston, BoM, Minas Ithil, and Darka as its main allies for the entire duration of the war.

The war though is operating on two fronts. The Eston/Talerium front, and the Coria/Hammarsett front. Each alliance is splitting its forces to each front depending upon the needs of the alliance at the time as well as particular goals each is trying to achieve.

Oh, and the Northern alliance is losing the war, (at least as little as an alliance can be losing a war that is in a virtual stalemate)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #658: May 10, 2012, 11:20:32 PM »
Oh, and the Northern alliance is losing the war, (at least as little as an alliance can be losing a war that is in a virtual stalemate)

It's like freaking World War I over here in the west.   :-\
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #659: May 10, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »
It's like freaking World War I over here in the west.   :-\

All quiet on the western front...