Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 556133 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #840: June 15, 2012, 01:05:51 AM »
Everything on the forums is OOC knowledge, and should never be used by your characters IG. I recognize that no one is perfect and that there's a certain inevitable amount of slipping that will occur, but you should never intentionally use OOC knowledge gained on the forums IG.

As a rule of thumb, I try not to share anything important on the forum that might affect ongoing events, though I do enjoy discussing events after the fact to get other players' perspectives on things.

Its a good thing all my characters can read minds and see all letters foreign rulers write!!!  mwahahaha!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #841: June 15, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »
As a rule of thumb, I try not to share anything important on the forum that might affect ongoing events, though I do enjoy discussing events after the fact to get other players' perspectives on things.

+1 on this, I really like hearing what went on behind the scenes even if it's way after the fact. Adds some context to everything even if my characters don't know. This is the chief reason I like the forums.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #842: June 15, 2012, 03:15:10 AM »
Its a good thing all my characters can read minds and see all letters foreign rulers write!!!  mwahahaha!

I can vouch for this claim; it's true. It sucks.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

egamma

« Reply #843: June 15, 2012, 03:46:15 PM »
Can you use mentor points to see letters, or just scribe notes?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844: June 15, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
Scribe notes only.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #845: June 29, 2012, 06:38:55 PM »
So, anyone else notice and think it's hilarious how Suville is losing battles to Carelia?

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #846: June 29, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »
So, anyone else notice and think it's hilarious how Suville is losing battles to Carelia?

I do. Good for the Northern Alliance though.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #847: June 29, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »
I do. Good for the Northern Alliance though.

It is?  ??? Am I missing something?

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #848: June 29, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »
It is?  ??? Am I missing something?

Suville allied with Coria.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #849: June 29, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »
Suville allied with Coria.

Oh, look at that. I am missing something.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #850: June 29, 2012, 09:03:50 PM »
Yeah, we have not even close to the same military size as Suville and the last 2 (or 3?) battles we have won. According to week old statistics you guys had 42k CS, even if only half of that is mobile Suville should be winning.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #851: June 29, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
Yeah, we have not even close to the same military size as Suville and the last 2 (or 3?) battles we have won. According to week old statistics you guys had 42k CS, even if only half of that is mobile Suville should be winning.

I left Suville weeks ago, but based on my experience while I was there, I'm not that surprised about the recent battles. So much for Suville being the next Abington!  ;D

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #852: June 30, 2012, 12:10:44 AM »
I left Suville weeks ago, but based on my experience while I was there, I'm not that surprised about the recent battles. So much for Suville being the next Abington!  ;D

Suville isn't the next Abington. That's just more propaganda.

Then again, if you are making the allusion that they grew strong then died out.....welll....perhaps it is a good statement.

We'll see how things go though if they continue to lose to a much weaker realm.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #853: June 30, 2012, 12:25:58 AM »
Suville isn't the next Abington. That's just more propaganda.

Then again, if you are making the allusion that they grew strong then died out.....welll....perhaps it is a good statement.

We'll see how things go though if they continue to lose to a much weaker realm.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply that they thought of themselves that way. It's a comparison that has been made OOC at least based purely on geography.

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #854: July 02, 2012, 06:18:47 AM »
It is unlikely a realm the size of Carelia can keep up a war against a realm of the size of Suville. Especially with the new estate system benefitting larger realms, and with Suville's capital so close by. Been a fun run though, there's some satisfaction in grabbing any victory as the underdog.

And who knows, perhaps Evgenis shall lead his chosen ones to more glory through valor. :P