Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 556116 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1170: August 22, 2012, 06:36:47 PM »
This war will never end until CE and Tara are the only two remaining realms!!!

Is not hard, they just have to occupy the center of the continent, and make any other outside region Rogue.

Is the only way to Unofficially, noncompetitive, dishonorable, disheartening, (CENSORED) way to win the game.

Which, OF COURSE, will bring a amazing Realm Wide Storm of Lighting Bolts, that even Thor, Pikachu, Nikola would be jealous.

I remember i had a discussion like that ion IRC around 2007-2008

Peace!

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171: August 22, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
Is not hard, they just have to occupy the center of the continent, and make any other outside region Rogue.

Is the only way to Unofficially, noncompetitive, dishonorable, disheartening, (CENSORED) way to win the game.

Which, OF COURSE, will bring a amazing Realm Wide Storm of Lighting Bolts, that even Thor, Pikachu, Nikola would be jealous.

I remember i had a discussion like that ion IRC around 2007-2008

Peace!

How would that bring lightning bolts? That hardly makes sense to me. If somehow you convince everyone to go along with that and not have Dukes seceding to form new realms or colonizations happen, I think you should be able to do it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Eirikr

« Reply #1172: August 22, 2012, 10:00:01 PM »
Replace me? Who would you replace me with?

Good luck with that one...lol

Saeculo's back.  ;)

Plus, I'm sure Wind wouldn't mind coming back to the military.

Of course I don't think Merlin and Kerwin (how did I not notice the similarity in names until now?) are kinky like that.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173: August 22, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »
Saeculo's back.  ;)

Plus, I'm sure Wind wouldn't mind coming back to the military.

Of course I don't think Merlin and Kerwin (how did I not notice the similarity in names until now?) are kinky like that.

Whelp...time to get a new Consul....and I'm don't mean Saeculo. ;)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174: August 22, 2012, 10:09:12 PM »
How would that bring lightning bolts? That hardly makes sense to me. If somehow you convince everyone to go along with that and not have Dukes seceding to form new realms or colonizations happen, I think you should be able to do it.

But the simply act of destroying realms just for the sake of World Conquer, will take the fun out other people, and that's what the IR protect more.

And of course, it will be more a OCC cooperation, because there is no way you can explain IC (without opposition), that you wish to conquer a continent just to have it go rogue.

And once the rest of the continent know the plan it will be nearly impossible to do on Atamara, but on FEI would be more easy.

You have to agree, that's the best part of BM is that realms disappear and new ones are reborn, if we forbid the creation of new realms will be the less fun continent ever.

Peace!

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175: August 22, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
And of course, it will be more a OCC cooperation, because there is no way you can explain IC (without opposition), that you wish to conquer a continent just to have it go rogue.

True, but you can explain IC to do it (with opposition). Succeeding against opposition shouldn't be punished. My character has already advocated in the past for taking lands, letting them go rogue, but retaining claims on them as a defensive measure.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #1176: August 22, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »

Isn't this how the current war started? Some OOC co-operation between Carelia and the North?

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177: August 22, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »
Isn't this how the current war started? Some OOC co-operation between Carelia and the North?

errr....what?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178: August 22, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »
There was no OOC collusion to the start of the war. Darka's participation was completely IC.

Also: @sonya: "If it can't be mine, it won't be anyone's!" That's a great motivation for destroying every region not in your meglomaniacal ruler's realm.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179: August 22, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »

OK.

I have no idea what you are talking about,  by the time the war started i was a lazy duchess, only log into game 1 maybe 2 times a week to buy food.

I would NEVER support any OCC motive to use on IC game play!

But let me explain some bits of what i can remember, since  OF COURSE, i was in favor to abolish the continent-wide peace:

• Brakus stien (Caergoth) demanded Carelia to abolish the MS temple on Serq'uea, they menace they would attack if we wouldn't do it.

• We agreed to demolish that Temple, and to compensate, i build one in Strombran, then sent a letter to Brakus to come and take off the one on Strombran if he could. This also made the Empire angry.
  • Don't remember the reason but Caergoth and Suville declared war on Carelia, there were some fight in the south, etc. i was busy with exams in these times.
  • The Empire (angry by the temple on Strombran) wanted  Carelai to take it down, i told them it was in replacement for the one on Ser'quea, on the nice way, and also, they have no reason to tell what another realm should or shouldn't have on their territory, they also said they would help us against Caergoth and Suville if we destroyed the temple on Strombran.
  • I rejected, because that would bring back the boring peace, and that we will deal ourselves with Suville and Caergoth.

• By that time the Empire was at war (cant remember against who) and since it smelled it was gonna be another 4 vs 1 war, we decided no to help the Empire and fight our personal war, which was on equal force and it was fun.
  • Later we got a new King (Nathan) and suddenly we are allied with Caergoth and Suville fighting the Empire (didn't even noticed the transition, but i remember a letter from Suville asking Carelia to fight the Empire)
  • The rest is known by most people here, Suville got convinced by the Empire to stop supporting Carelia, in fact they even started to attack Carelia from the south.
  • Secession, rebellions and internal conflict on Caergoth, disabled their support for Carelia
  • ??????????
  • Profit!!

I do not see the part where it became a OCC war, have no idea how was on the north, but on the south it has been IC all the time.[/list]

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #1180: August 22, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
It was King Bartho (of Carelia) who commented about starting the war in an OOC fashion. This might have been the original war with Suville and Caergoth. It was long enough ago that Carelia has gone through 3 monarchs and as many duchies since then.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181: August 22, 2012, 11:04:14 PM »
Ohh yeahh i forgot Bartho, thanks for refreshing!

I hate when old timers stop playing the game, i wish to have everyone's phone to spam them to come back, some one need to make a player's contact list.

Peace

ps:
Also.. i wish the people stop destroying my realms, now i have to update my signature pic again!

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182: August 23, 2012, 01:00:07 AM »
Oh Bartho, it was him who succested to me to attack against Darka. When I rejected that offer, well we all know what happened after that.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183: August 23, 2012, 08:33:06 AM »
As far as i know there was no OOC poop when this war was started. There was a lot discussion and negotiating between rulers of south & north. We knew there was a risk that southern part of coalition might be shaky... what surprised me most was lack of intrest of south to fight this war(except Carelia) which was backstabbed ugly way. Another big surprise was that there was some solo things at north as well. We had agreed to fight as one, and i expected that to be case when making agreements with enemy realms.

Again, i must raise my hat(crown?) to CE and mayby to Tara as well, how good they have been on this... and mayby to crawl on the corner and shame now poorly we have progressed. Carelia's fall was a disaster and made me feel real bad. They didnt deserve that and we should have been able to help em more, which we were not able to do.

Now there is some intresting diplomacy things going as well. Time will show how this turns out.
~Violence is always an option!~

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184: August 23, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
Carelia fighted with spirit against CE but it wasn't enough. They paid heavily and now another realm is figting against them. One of thei old allies. Because of this greediness Tara is aiding Carelia, we can't do much but atleast we are trying.
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .