Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 560749 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1530: January 11, 2013, 10:26:31 AM »
Not only has Strombran been there for weeks but we are practically always there as our army rotates and carries enough cash to stay in the field for weeks. Unless the army looses a bad battle we are able to be there for quite some time.

Can you lend some military leaders to Tara? They seem to have problems staying on the front longer than a few days.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531: January 11, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »
O this has been alive lately ::)

Well i guess the Central Alliance has made a lot of progress, not that i've been truly observing just enjoying all the rants going on here and there.

Whats next you gotta wonder is will All of the North feel the wrath of the central alliance or will only some of it?

AT has really bottle necked itself with treaties and alliances. Everyone once to be  CE/Tara's friend no one else willing truly to fight. mm Abington should get its butt in gear!.. O I mean Suville.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532: January 11, 2013, 07:32:34 PM »
Well I'm in MI, but the current offer is just to keep York. There are some other conditions but I'm not sure they are relevant considering there doesn't seem to be much chance of King Sidd agreeing to it. Something like "I'd rather die first"*.

(*not exact quote)

Hehe, maybe the offer was meant to be rejected? ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533: January 11, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
Well I'm in MI, but the current offer is just to keep York. There are some other conditions but I'm not sure they are relevant considering there doesn't seem to be much chance of King Sidd agreeing to it. Something like "I'd rather die first"*.

(*not exact quote)
I would say the same thing with that offer.
Hehe, maybe the offer was meant to be rejected? ;)
I take it, it was considering I believe you are the player of Raoul
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534: January 16, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »
Darka vs. The World?

or...

Sordnaz Has Visitors?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535: January 16, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »
Yeah, with Eston's surrender I'll be interested to see what happens to BoM and Darka.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536: January 16, 2013, 08:47:53 PM »
Yeah, with Eston's surrender I'll be interested to see what happens to BoM and Darka.

Seeing as CE and company do not seem to want give any terms for peace I suppose it'll end up being death to all.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537: January 16, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »
Seeing as CE and company do not seem to want give any terms for peace I suppose it'll end up being death to all.

If that's indeed the case, I'd jump on a ship to darka tonight.
Fight the entire CE alliance alone, on your own soil with the reserves that Darka has... there hasn't been a war that epic since ibby gambled and failed. And I have a feeling that that war won't even come close to this one. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538: January 16, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
Meh, it won't be too much of a war. If the Empire brings the same forces to Darka that they brought to Eston, they'll roll over us. They have managed to keep 35-40K CS in a big blob as they walk across Eston.

The only chance we have is if Talerium and Tara stay out of it. At that point, it would be CE against Darka. We may be able to hold out against that for quite a while, if Talerium holds to the border treaty. That would make things interesting.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539: January 16, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »
Meh, it won't be too much of a war. If the Empire brings the same forces to Darka that they brought to Eston, they'll roll over us. They have managed to keep 35-40K CS in a big blob as they walk across Eston.

This is sounding better with the minute. It's like playing a BT Invasion on hard, just how I like it. :)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540: January 16, 2013, 11:00:51 PM »
As long the guy with all the banishing scrolls auto-pauses just like last Invasion, CE will be fine.

Eirikr

« Reply #1541: January 17, 2013, 12:45:12 AM »

They've been working on terms, but things keep changing. A combination of factors has prevented them from issuing anything final. I think they also expected to be at a standstill for much longer and weren't prepared for such success and the resulting increased demands they could make. It probably doesn't help that they've been able to keep pushing that advantage (which, I've got to say, is pretty impressive... those cycled refits are amazing).

The only chance we have is if Talerium and Tara stay out of it. At that point, it would be CE against Darka. We may be able to hold out against that for quite a while, if Talerium holds to the border treaty. That would make things interesting.

Talerium would almost certainly stay out, but I doubt Tara would. I won't lie, Coria would probably join in Talerium's place.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542: January 17, 2013, 02:10:42 AM »
Which pretty much makes it a non-war.

Eirikr

« Reply #1543: January 17, 2013, 06:43:10 AM »
Exactly... I'm very curious, however, what will happen as the map changes so radically. It really does seem like it'l eventually stagnate, but I can't really justify an IC reason why I wouldn't want things to continue on this road (at least for Ravendon).

Have there been any circumstances similar to this on other islands? How were they resolved?

Any chance we could get an Invasion, just as a catalyst? (Perhaps not as harsh as Beluaterra's Invasions, but something powerful enough to break up the situation.)  :P

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544: January 17, 2013, 07:28:43 AM »
Any chance we could get an Invasion, just as a catalyst? (Perhaps not as harsh as Beluaterra's Invasions, but something powerful enough to break up the situation.)  :P

Unless the invasion only hit CE, it wouldn't do anything.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."