Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

turn processing change

Started by egamma, June 25, 2011, 07:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egamma

Unit AutoPayment   (13 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Your men expect to be paid today, but since you are recovering, you can't take care of that. This message will repeat as a reminder until your men are paid.

Recovered   (13 hours, 24 minutes ago)
You have recovered from your wounds and are once again fully active.

Could we switch these?

Indirik

Not easily. There are several scripts that run to create a "turn". There are many, many things that happen during that period. Swapping things around is very difficult and complex. Unless there is a very good, reason, I don't think anything will be swapped like this. Your men will get paid the next day, or you can pay them yourself. That's why you get that message as a reminder.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

Quote from: Indirik on June 26, 2011, 02:59:31 AM
Not easily. There are several scripts that run to create a "turn". There are many, many things that happen during that period. Swapping things around is very difficult and complex. Unless there is a very good, reason, I don't think anything will be swapped like this. Your men will get paid the next day, or you can pay them yourself. That's why you get that message as a reminder.

Agreed.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

I think I've seen at least one occasion where my men left me because I was wounded--and then I was healed on the same turn change.

Bedwyr

Quote from: egamma on June 30, 2011, 03:31:54 PM
I think I've seen at least one occasion where my men left me because I was wounded--and then I was healed on the same turn change.

Yes, that and various other things are quite annoying (I lost a very important guildhouse the other month because taxes took funds before guild maintenance fees were assessed) but it's not nearly as easy as you might think to change the order of the scripts.  Tim gave me a quick example at one point, and the problems involved can be quite hideous.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Velax

I was wondering what happened to the Order of the Phoenix guild house.

De-Legro

Quote from: Velax on July 11, 2011, 10:38:46 AM
I was wondering what happened to the Order of the Phoenix guild house.

Phoenix went through a rebirth cycle. Next guild house we make out of stone.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.