Author Topic: What's Minas Thalion like?  (Read 26970 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What's Minas Thalion like?
« Reply #15: February 11, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »
It does make me chuckle how badly Oritolon has done. We thought we were lions taking on lambs! I really hope Minas Thalion survives. They deserve it. Tbh, it doesn't seem all that much like she will fall. Whether or not Lukon is really intent on taking down Minas Thalon, they definitely appear organised enough to survive the onslaught. Maybe not forever and ever, but I do think Minas Thalion will be with us for a while yet.

The war between Oritolon and Mina Thalion will have to stop soon though. I reckon when all is said and done, Alowca will have gone rogue, all the southern regions will be in utter ruins and neither Oritolon or Minas Thalion will be strong enough to take Alowca for themselves. There will have to be an accommodation or agreement of some kind. That should be interesting.

Oritolon was mostly gutted by multi accers and OOC clans followed by a long period of peace that allowed incompetent elected officials to become entrenched with noobs electing and supporting noobs. There was no legitimate internal bickering. Put Spearhead or Actrial back in PM and I guarantee priest stomping will return.

Finding an enemy doesn't mean anything when the army is run by people who either give bad orders or no orders, with half of them sent out to 'secret missions'.

I'd bloody love it if Spearhead just came to life tomorrow, grabbed this war by the balls and just generally reinvigorated all of Oritolon. Doesn't seem like Actrial or Spearhead are actually that bothered any more though. Hard to believe they're the same people who overcame the theocracies.

Honestly, those guys ought to be paragons of what Oritolon stands for. They should be setting an example to everybody else, helping foster a decent, vibrant realm culture. Instead Spearhead is so quiet he might as well be dead and Actrial just sits back making snide remarks. Maybe if either of them stepped up and rose to the challenge, things would change for the better?

Either way, I don't think the war has done Oritolon any real harm. Oritolon had become stagnant and complacent. Minas Thalion were already biding their time to mug us of Alowca and on the evidence of this war, I think it unlikely we'd have lasted even this long against her if we'd been caught by surprise. But as you say anyway, we were on a downward curve. Oritolon had already become kind of a decrepit old husk with barely enough nobles to function. A period of reinvention and replenishing of nobles after the war will probably do Oritolon the world of good.