Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Founding a Religion

Started by Jonathan Michael, September 14, 2018, 05:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Michael

Hey everyone,

I was just curious, how does founding a religion work?  What does a player need to do in order to start one?

On the same token, how does a priest increase their fame/prestige?

Anaris

Only a Lord can found a religion. In doing so, they will renounce all worldly titles, construct a level 3 temple of their new religion, and become a priest.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jonathan Michael

Ah, that makes sense.  Only one of my characters care about religion, so I never really look at the religion options when playing the game with non-priest characters... thanks!

Jonathan Michael

Quote from: Anaris on September 14, 2018, 05:51:08 PM
Only a Lord can found a religion. In doing so, they will renounce all worldly titles, construct a level 3 temple of their new religion, and become a priest.

Also, when we say "Lord", do we mean those who own a realm and not just an estate?

Anaris

Quote from: Jonathan Michael on September 14, 2018, 06:16:44 PM
Also, when we say "Lord", do we mean those who own a realm and not just an estate?

Yes, you have to be the Lord of a region, not just a Knight with an estate.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan