Author Topic: New intermediate caste: aristocrats  (Read 6145 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New intermediate caste: aristocrats
« Reply #15: November 27, 2018, 01:19:07 AM »
Fixing the buttons can be as easy as making buttons that don't rely on a 2nd character. If I meant remove the buttons and the mechanics I would have said remove them, not fix them. We have constantly looked to change mechanics in response to lowering player numbers, modifying mechanics to avoid the need to inflate density via 2nd characters is no different.

Buttons are fine, characters need buttons. But characters that exist only to press buttons is not in my opinion good or desirable. Mind you that might be because I play M&F where 90% of characters exist only to cope with M&F's own version of this problem.

Except that this doesn't address the problem of lowering player numbers, it's a problem of reduced character limits. It's not about "we have less players, how can we compensate?", but about "we can't involve ourselves into our realms as we once could, how could we try to return to that while addressing the underlying issues that led to it being removed?"
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron