Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Frostpunk (And Similar Games)

Started by Andrew, July 17, 2019, 02:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

So, I'll admit, I really liked Frostpunk, and wish it had more variety to play with, but I was thinking about it the other day and realized I have a relatively easy to deploy code base that wouldn't be too hard to turn into a game focused on surviving a frozen waste as part of a community.

There's a few things I'd need to do to make it work, like overhaul and simplify the economy, as well as make individual citizens actually modeled in-game, but it's within the realm of possibility to use the Might & Fealty code to create a Frostpunk-themed online survival game, where the focus is on survival, inside-settlement dynamics, and exploration. (And yes, this would include dynamic creation and crashing of settlements).

If you're interested, let me know. If there's more than a couple people interested, we can get to hashing things out.

Oh, if you have no idea what the heck Frostpunk is, it's on Steam. And probably other places.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

D'Espana

Frostpunk is a fantastic game. If you do decide to give it a go, hit me up. The very least I can do is to check it out.
D'Espana Family