Author Topic: Scout from map  (Read 10264 times)

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Scout from map
« Reply #30: March 17, 2019, 12:47:15 AM »
I will make a new thread for this idea.

Already there is jquery, so this is completely trivial. There are already countless libraries with the jquery or with even the css now

Rizky

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 17, 2019, 02:07:55 AM »
it is faster in Orders > Send Scouts than Information > Map > Region > Scouts.. maybe you just need more time to familiarize with the links tree. at some point you wont even need to open map to know which region you need to scout (well when you scout you need to scout every/most surrounding regions, otherwise youre doing it wrong. enemies might attack you in surprise if you dont. and in this condition, current link is just perfect)

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 17, 2019, 02:18:36 AM »

I think some peoples here underestimate how much time is wasted running around finding new pages. This is not attempt for more graphic game. This is attempt to make small improvement to - I am sorry for the insult, but is very true -  a very bad, very inconvenient UX. With such bad UX, people play the game less for the time it takes to do even the simple tasks. With good UX people can use the time for talking.

Please - if you are not a developer, do not use "dev time" as excuse. The logic already exists. This is 20 minutes of work. If I must, I will volunteer and make myself, if this is the only point against

I understand that I might be about to break the forum rules and I stand ready for any punishment that I am due for what I am about to write.
It needs to be said.

Who do you think you are???
I am no DEV, but if I were, I believe I would be very offended by what you have written here (and in some other places).
Several people have set aside as much of their spare time as they are willing to set aside to keep the game up and running for almost 20 years.
Have you offered your great and vast abilities to help our current DEVS to help make the game better for EVERYONE?

I see that you are willing to put aside 20 minutes of your time to make the game better for YOU (if you must), but are you willing to set aside hundreds of hours of YOUR spare time to make the game better for others?  Then face some newcomer to the game that says all of your previous work is essentially crap?

I do not use "dev time" as an excuse, THE DEVS do. 
Since I respect the fact that they are VOLUNTEERS providing a "service" that I can not do myself nor likely get elsewhere for FREE, I happily accept "dev time" as an excuse.

If the development of a game were so easy and quick, I suspect a person of your great expertise would be off running their own game, that they have designed, without flaws and not be here looking to shoot down our Devs and poking holes in their game.

From the posts that I have seen here on the forums, I truly get the impression that there is little, if anything, that you like about the current version of BattleMaster.  You have expressed, in many places, things that YOU don't like about our game.  You have repeatedly expressed how WE can make the game more fun for YOU. 

We all play BattleMaster different ways for different reasons. 
When insisting things will make the game "better" we must also consider if these things will make the game "better" for the bulk of the players or a select few.
When you belittle the devs by complaining about their work and suggesting that things are trivial to change/implement you are just being conceited and probably not even a very good programmer.  It may be easy to slap together a few lines of code to accomplish a small thing like turning a green light on, but trying to implant/mesh that code into existing programming that already runs thousands of panels of lights and switches and dials takes much more work.

What DO you like about BattleMaster, why do you keep checking in?

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 17, 2019, 02:43:14 AM »
I read other day thread similar to idea I had, was doing the researching. Everyone like the idea.

From seven years in the past.

With the people saying "I wish I am dev, can help". The same people still here saying "I wish I am dev, can help"

For seven years, could learn to help. But they do not, I think, so much.

THIS is what I do not like.

If my idea is good, if my idea is bad - I *shrug*. But I do not like the only negative all the time talkers.

Already I ask about the volunteering to Vita. I will volunteer for where ever the need is.

YES! I am the new player, only 3 weeks in the game, and already I ask "How can I help"

This is more I think than many talkers who are here only talking for the 20 years

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 17, 2019, 06:11:11 PM »
I read other day thread similar to idea I had, was doing the researching. Everyone like the idea.

From seven years in the past.

With the people saying "I wish I am dev, can help". The same people still here saying "I wish I am dev, can help"

For seven years, could learn to help. But they do not, I think, so much.

THIS is what I do not like.

If my idea is good, if my idea is bad - I *shrug*. But I do not like the only negative all the time talkers.

Already I ask about the volunteering to Vita. I will volunteer for where ever the need is.

YES! I am the new player, only 3 weeks in the game, and already I ask "How can I help"

This is more I think than many talkers who are here only talking for the 20 years

Hold one mate.

A lot of people want to help. A lot of people do in various ways.

But a lot of people would offer their help in a blink of an eye if they could provide something useful.
Learning to code is not something all people are open to in sparetime. And that is alright, pretty normal thing.

Don't judge people for playing a game and just occasionally logging a feature request idea instead of offering to code it for us 'because they could have learnt it in the past 20 years'. That logic just doesn't add up.

We appreciate your efforts on proposing new stuff. Hell, new players are an absolutely important source to help us know what could keep newbies around and what not.

But please keep it civil.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 17, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »
Scouting from the travel page is actually something I've had sort of poking at the back of my mind for a long time. I think something like that would be an excellent idea—just have multiple links after each region you can travel to, one for travel, one for scouting. (Suitably separated, to make it harder to misclick.)

The political map doesn't currently have popups, and it would be non-trivial to add them.

Yes, I agree with Delvin & you OYK, that is a good idea we should be looking at.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)