Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 54632 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #90: November 15, 2019, 01:36:03 PM »

The following Rp is written by and all due credit goes to:

Roleplay from Smiddich Fontaine

The sea breeze rolled into the chamber, gusting and swirling papers but not disturbing anything overmuch; Smiddich knew the drill. The wide windows and doors could be closed and barred but he rather enjoyed the stormy weather now that he was not out at sea in it.

The pirate Duke tapped out his cigar into an ashtray where it remained smouldering, and took his time getting up, drink in hand, "Pour you something, so long as it's brandy?", he said, swaggering to a buffet which was lined with crystal bottles of something warm.

Still, the room was festooned with trophies and souvenirs; a swath of sail with a needle and thread, a small pile of cannonballs, a belaying pin so weathered it might as well be a toothpick. Yet all of these were beloved mementos of a time at sea.

"Allow me to welcome you to Perdan City", said the Duke finally, once his drink was refreshed, and one forced into the hand of his guest, "I hope you have found everything to your liking, accommodation and such. It is no so often we receive a guest from the North, even less, one who renounces them completely! I must admit, I am surprised but not disappointed."
He puffs on his cigar and blows out the thick dark smoke, "I knew your mother for a short time", he says curtly, "Before her.. before she passed away. That was a dark time and I am sorry for that! Were she alive now, I daresay her and me might have made this continent stormier than _that_", he grinned despite himself, motioning with his glass towards the window. Surely... they could have made peace between the North and the South but that was not to be; Ayden was overwhelmed by militia before any real talk of a union could take place.

"I knew your kin, also, Hogny", said Smiddich, a little more softly now, "Spent a summer with the boy, Gia and me". The duke peered off into that storm for a little while before returning, "That were a wonderful summer. Taught him to swim! Gangly, not too sure of himself, but he got it in the end. He had no choice!", laughs the black bladed Duke, remembering picking the lad up and tossing him unceremoniously overboard.

Sink or swim.

"So, Sir Nemean... mind telling me why you're here?"