Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 267571 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #30: March 05, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
News from Madina!

I recently had a General there and was trying my hardest to get one army to help out Fissoa. But elections came around and I'd (purposely) left monsters roaming around Madina just a tiny bit (5 hordes running around is tiny, right?) and lost. The new General seemingly withdrew support for Fissoa in an attempt to clean my mess (I'm not sure if he has any plans to go back, since my character isn't privy to that any more).

Monsters were defeated and internal politics started to flair a little. The player of our Doge had to leave for OOC commitments. Duchess of Candiels took over as ruler. There was widespread support for the former Duke of the region to take over, but it came from a lot of the Dogess' enemies so it was ignored. The old Duke didn't have a mechanics claim, so someone else was put in his place who did have one. Some people are shouting about the constitution and the Book of Claims (a wiki version of claims that Madina uses for RP) being broken, but not much is coming of it.

There's a little talk of declaring war on the northern regions, but the armies aren't up for it. Personally, I think Madina is on its way out as we're running out of players to support all our regions.

As an aside about why my character left lots of hordes running around Madina: There are three armies (one of them has just one person in, so we ignore it). One army was off helping Fissoa, the other tasked with defending Madina. The Marshal of the defending army was the Duchess of Candiels, someone my character doesn't really like. So I was hoping to let Madinan regions fall, blame her for not following orders and have her power significantly challenged. That backfired and there were cries of "the General should deal with the monsters, not the Marshal" and that's when elections happened.

Is there any news on the Zuma? Madina had some contact with them and got on rather well.