Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!

Started by Glaumring the Fox, March 03, 2011, 02:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chenier

Quote from: Telrunya on July 20, 2011, 11:40:28 PM
Doomed to fail, really. No attempt to get recognition from other Realms beforehand at all. I wouldn't bet money on it surviving.

I guess Caerwyn will at least get that much less to feed now.  ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

Quote from: Sacha on July 20, 2011, 11:40:50 PM
But fun to watch!

My thoughts exactly.

A secession in the dead of winter in the middle of a war, while the realm starves. I thought the war would end with a cowed Caerwyn reduced to Itau/Via, maybe allowing SA, and an SA realm in Golden Farrow. Now I wonder if Caerwyn will vanish completely.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

I can't decide if I'm hoping that the new ruler of Caerwyn asks for peace, or if I hope they don't. Decisions, decisions...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

Well if we stop the war, Allison will go crazy lol. She wants Golden Ferrow so we have to ask Caerwyn for their capital for peace. Doubt they will say yes to that.

dustole

If Astrum made peace with Caerwyn and they got to keep Golden Farrow that would just be bad.  Caerwyn would eventually retake Itau.  I and my nobles would leave Astrum.  They would be down to 40 nobles or less.  Then one day Astrum and Caerwyn will be at war again.  It is inevitable.  Caerwyn will be much stronger than it was this time since they have 3 cities now and not 2.  I doubt Libero Empire or Summerdale will help in that next war and Astrum would have an annoyed Allison pulling strings in the background. 

So they could do it and suffer little to no consequences in the short term, but in the end I think that would be a big mistake for Astrum to make peace and let Caerwyn keep Golden Farrow.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Ramiel

Heretics killing Heathens? Always fun to watch when not busy fighting off abominations! ;D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Geronus

Quote from: Indirik on July 21, 2011, 02:04:18 AM
I can't decide if I'm hoping that the new ruler of Caerwyn asks for peace, or if I hope they don't. Decisions, decisions...

Why would we make peace with them now, eh? Isn't this the perfect time to press our advantage?

Adriddae

So Via just joined Asylon if anyone is interested.

Lopeyschools

Caerwyn has been a very active place.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

JPierreD

d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Lorgan

Quote from: Adriddae on August 21, 2011, 08:48:18 AM
So Via just joined Asylon if anyone is interested.

I wonder... did that *just* happen? I thought the last duchy of realm could not switch sides.

Lopeyschools

Apparently as ruler of Caerwyn, Graviel could make the change. It wasn't preferable though because the rest of the regions separated from the Duchy.

Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Sacha

Quote from: Lorgan on August 21, 2011, 12:51:13 PM
I wonder... did that *just* happen? I thought the last duchy of realm could not switch sides.

It happened shortly before GF revolted, I believe.

Telrunya

Nah, GF already revolted the day before.

Kain

What an interesting and odd situation when a realm has 8 regions left (which is a lot) but no cities. They have a townsland. If Tom manually sets that as their capitol, they could continue a little while longer :p
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)